About the role
Consul is HashiCorp’s service networking product for multi-cloud networking automation. Its open source community has tens of thousands of active, engaged users. HashiCorp Consul is currently available in the Hashicorp cloud platform in AWS and Azure cloud.
As a Senior Product Manager in the Consul cloud team you will be responsible for driving multiple aspects of creating and delivering Consul as a Software as a Service (SaaS) offering. You will work closely with the Consul engineering team as well as the HashiCorp Cloud platform team to support the development and release of Consul as a SaaS offering
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles
- Write detailed strategy documents to set the context for the product roadmap
- Collaborate with Engineering, Design, PMM, and other internal stakeholders on the strategy and tactics of the execution
- Prioritize the product roadmap. Conduct user research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into requirements for Engineering to deliver
- Analyze usage patterns from analytics tools and use the learning to improve the user experience
- Help with Sales and Marketing enablement to educate on the product story and features (website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of product management experience in delivering cloud products or services in the B2B space.
- Experience with delivery on top of and integration with AWS, Azure, or Google cloud
- Experience in SaaS, observability and networking space preferred.
- Familiarity with CI/CD workflows, API management tools preferred
- Proven approach to delivering products with an eye toward Developer Experience and Operational Experience
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure, cloud and open source
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
Skills you will practice as a product manager at HashiCorp:
- Define the product roadmap and strategy.
- Writing product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Deep collaboration with Engineering teams
- Leading sales engineer and support education sessions
- Enabling the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Perform market research
- Backlog management
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.