About the role…
HashiCorp’s cloud strategy is focused on moving all of HashiCorp’s commercial products to the cloud by creating and delivering them as Software as a Service (SaaS) offerings. However, a significant number of our customers have hybrid environments, with infrastructure spanning self-managed data centers and cloud, and we have several projects within the company aimed at helping our customers deal with the challenges of hybrid infrastructure management. As the Senior Manager for PM leading this initiative within the HashiCorp Cloud Platform team, you will hire and manage a team of Product Managers responsible for the distinct product areas within this domain. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast growing PM team focused on delivering services on top of the major public cloud platforms.
In this role you can expect to…
- Develop a long term vision and roadmap for Hybrid Cloud within the HashiCorp Cloud Platform
- Engage deeply with the HashiCorp product teams to understand their needs around Hybrid Cloud and help craft platform abstractions that accelerate the journey
- Develop product requirements for current and planned hybrid management services
- Be a champion for hybrid management services within our cloud platform
- Create metrics and KPIs to measure success for platform abstractions
- Participate in detailed planning and prioritization exercises jointly with engineering and design
You may be a good fit for our team if you have…
- Deep knowledge of SaaS infrastructure products and public cloud platforms
- Experience working with products that span cloud and self-managed offerings
- Experience in a Platform PM role with a B2B SaaS product
- Strong communication skills with an emphasis on written communications
- High levels of customer empathy and a passion for making great products
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles.
- Engage with internal product stakeholders, customers, and community members to drive the roadmap.
- Review and approve the roadmaps submitted by product managers.
- Mentor product managers and give feedback on their work — user research, Product Requirement Documents (PRDs), field engagement, roadmaps.
- Partner with the engineering team to deliver on the roadmap.
- Communicate product status to all partners. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests.
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc).
Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of product management experience with infrastructure products
- 2+ years of managing other product managers
- Experience with SaaS infrastructure products
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure principles
- Experience with managing open source products preferred but not required
- Experience with deep product design collaboration preferred but not required
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Humility and learning mindset
- Information seeking
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work