At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
About the Role
The Field Marketing team at HashiCorp is a data-driven, fast-paced, collaborative worldwide team. The Sr. Director, Field Marketing – Americas will lead the Americas segment across regional and partner field marketing. You will own field marketing for the US, Canada, and Latin America and will set and execute a regional marketing strategy that delivers high-quality leads, sales pipeline, and ultimately revenue. In this role, you will develop a strong trusted relationship with the regional Sales team, working closely with Sales leadership, Sales enablement, and Sales Ops teams to jointly grow the pipeline. You will lead, and grow a team of field marketing managers.
The team works closely with sales, growth marketing, digital marketing, partner marketing, corporate marketing and product marketing to deliver results and expand our local footprint.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Lead Marketing for the Americas region, including all customer segments in the US, Canada, Latin America, with strong coordination with Sales leadership; segments include globals, enterprise, cloud native, and public sector
- Own key business and revenue metrics across the sales funnel, and customer growth and retention
- Build the strategy and plan for full funnel regional marketing including digital marketing, demand generation campaigns, sales prospecting programs, virtual and in-person field events, and third party tradeshows and conferences
- Oversee team’s execution of geographically focused campaigns and activities focused on shortening the sales cycle for key accounts. Field marketing campaigns include on- and offline tactics and span the entire sales cycle, focused by audience, region, and sometimes by vertical.
- Partner with global demand generation and product marketing to refine our targeting and segmentation, and to identify, scope, and produce or adapt compelling content, marketing assets, and marketing events and programs to drive demand
- Track, measure, and communicate program results, continually optimize for efficiency and scale, and seek to generate new global best practices through experimental efforts
- Focus efforts on driving the HashiCorp enterprise business, but have experience and understanding of how our open source activities and the IT practitioners support our company.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 10+ years in field marketing with experience leading a large team. Additionally, experience across multiple marketing disciplines, including customer-facing events, digital campaigns, and email.
- Proven track record of defining and executing demand marketing and field marketing strategies that deliver against funnel metrics and KPIs
- Deep understanding of CRM, marketing automation, SEM, account-based marketing, performance marketing, and email marketing tactics and technology
- Experience developing and executing both scaled and targeted multi-channel marketing campaigns and programs across all stages of the funnel
- Experience designing and delivering both digital and in-person event environments, with in-depth knowledge incorporating event experiences into the buyer’s journey to generate demand
- Strong written and verbal skills, including presentations and slide decks
- Ability to work closely with a distributed sales team and collaborate closely across geographically dispersed marketing teams and disciplines
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable in a range of environments from a C-level executive dinner to chatting with practitioners at conferences
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and actively seek candid feedback from relevant stakeholders
- Travel across North America as needed for internal meetings and major marketing events (upon return of travel)
This position is remote-friendly, with travel to headquarters and key Americas sales regions as needed, upon return of business travel.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency calculator. Information on our benefits can be found here. Intern ranges can be found here.