HashiCorp is a fast-growing company that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable large and small companies to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and other public cloud offerings as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the Role
Vault is HashiCorp’s multi-cloud security platform. Its open source community has tens of thousands of active, engaged users. Its enterprise users include some of the largest finance, healthcare, and technology companies in the world. Vault’s core use cases are in Secrets Management (including Certificates and keys), Encryption and Access/Identity management. Vault supports these use cases through a resilient, scalable, performant architecture that is based on zero trust principles of identity based authentication and authorization. Vault relies on a vast ecosystem for its adoption and success. This includes platforms and run time systems like Kubernetes, Nomad etc. , clouds (public, private) and various partnerships/vendor integrations that enhance the value of Vault. As Vault is growing – in mind share, revenue and team size -we are continuously investing in various ecosystem use cases.
This role is dedicated to enhancing (or exploring new) ecosystem use cases for secrets management. We are seeking individuals who have expertise in security and enterprise software, cloud experience (public/private). You will build the product strategy, conduct user research, define requirements, and oversee execution across cross-functional stakeholders. You will work closely with the Vault engineering team to support release cycles in order to continuously improve Vault capabilities for its core use cases as well as with Vault practitioners, technology/cloud partners to understand their needs to advance the Vault ecosystem.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Craft the product story by understanding the market landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles
- Write detailed product strategy documents to set the context for the product roadmap
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from Vault practitioners, customers, engineering, marketing, and the HashiCorp vision
- Conduct user/customer interviews. Write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into requirements for engineering to deliver.
- Shape innovate features, offerings around Kubernetes
- Communicate product status cross-functional stakeholders such as sales and marketing. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
- Enable the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing, technical documentation writers), drive partnerships/integrations for value-add based on research
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 5+ years of product management experience with security, cloud security, identity management, and enterprise products.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and container technologies. Experience with K8s security workflows is a plus.
- Understanding of DevOps and DevSecOps workflows and needs
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure and open source software and modern application architectures
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Humility and learning mindset
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency calculator. Information on our benefits can be found here. Intern ranges can be found here.