HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role…
We are looking for a Go To Market (GTM) Senior Financial Analyst to support our Sales and Marketing organizations. The GTM Senior Financial Analyst will participate in workstreams including (but not limited to) headcount/spend forecasting and reporting, spend management and optimization, budget vs. actuals variance analysis, Marketing finance support and sales compensation analysis. This role reports to our Manager of GTM Finance and is a dotted line report to our GTM Spend Manager. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is looking for a broad range of both strategic and operational experience in GTM FP&A with exposure to Senior GTM leadership in a hyper growth technology company. This role would be a great fit, if you thrive in a dynamic, fast-growing, and high energy environment.
In this role you can expect to…
- Own the headcount/spend forecasting, budget variance analysis and spend deep dives for the Marketing organization
- Own the analysis, inspection and explanations of spend variance analysis (Plan vs. BoQ vs. actuals) and actively work with the business to remediate where needed
- Partner with the GTM Spend Manager to develop analytical frameworks and processes to drive spend optimization across the GTM organization (e.g. travel budget accountability, 3rd party vendor consolidation, optimizing software/consulting spend per headcount)
- Perform month-on-month, quarter-on-quarter and year-on-year analysis on spend at various levels of granularity (e.g. cost center/department, P&L line item level, unit economics) for the Sales and Marketing organizations
- Partner with Marketing leadership on creating line item level budget visibility and accountability
- Manage the financial and administrative process around inter-departmental budget and headcount transfers in partnership with Finance, Accounting, HR and business leaders
- Partner with budget owners, GTM Finance business partners and Accounting to ensure timely and accurate end of month and end of quarter spend accruals through comparison of open POs vs. approved budget
- Ensure data flows and connections across Workday, Anaplan and Google Sheets are consistently accurate with respect to GTM headcount
You may be a good fit for our team if you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a quantitative discipline, CPA/CFA a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in FP&A and/or relevant experience in financial services, consulting, or roles with financial modeling and KPI analysis as a core competency.
- Proficiency building flexible financial models based on key business drivers.
- High attention to detail and accuracy, comfortable working in a fast paced environment while driving towards firm deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence without authority
- Technically savvy, with advanced skills in excel modeling, PowerPoint and Anaplan.
- Understanding of SaaS business models, operating metrics and GTM unit economics.
- Comfortable managing large datasets and simplifying complexity using data driven analysis and insights
- A growth mindset, open to giving and receiving feedback, curious, organized, and a strong strategic executor
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.