About the role
HashiCorp is expanding its Sales Development team to support the continued adoption of our Open Source offerings and the growth of our sales team. As a Sales Development Representative (SDR), you will play a critical role in the success of our sales organization by proactively identifying and creating new opportunities. Your primary objective will be to drive new business pipeline through quality engagements with our Open Source community and prospective customers.
In this role, you will gain an understanding of our technology, learn what it takes to be a great SDR, and build foundational skill sets that you will carry throughout your career. Our goal is to set you up for success in this role while providing opportunities for you to grow and advance in your career at HashiCorp.
In this role you can expect to
- Work with our Strategic Named account teams to drive the growth and adoption of HashiCorp products
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and our partner team to develop new strategies to build sales pipeline and grow our business
- Actively engage with new and existing leads through various outbound channels to increase customer interest and excitement around HashiCorp products
- Learn our technology and effectively communicate our value to a technical audience, adding value with every touchpoint
- Engage in team development and mentoring
- Achieve monthly quotas of sourced qualified opportunities and closed business
- Fluent level of Japanese language skill
- Business Proficiency level of English language skill
Diversity in thought, background, and experience is critical to our success, so there isn’t a one-size-fits-all approach to who we hire.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or other relevant field
- 1-2 years sales (or relatable) experience
- High integrity and a team-first mentality
- Open to feedback, genuinely curious and constantly looking for ways to learn & improve
- Genuine interest and excitement for HashiCorp’s technology – don’t worry, we have a great onboarding program to get you up to speed.
- Experience working with a technical product or the aptitude to quickly learn complex technical concepts
- Fearless approach to prospecting — phone skills, excellent listening skills, and strong writing skills are all important
- Salesforce and other sales tools experience is a plus
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.