At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
About the role
The Finance team is seeking a Revenue Accounting Manager for a remote position to support our growing Finance and Accounting organization. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is looking for a broad range of revenue responsibilities within an
operating company and wants exposure to accounting and finance in a hyper growth technology company.
A successful candidate thrives in a dynamic, fast-growing, and high energy company.
In this role you can expect to
- Review software and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) sales contracts for compliance
and revenue implications under ASC 606
- Lead the month-end revenue close by validating accruals, preparing revenue and
deferred commission account reconciliations, journal entries, conducting
fluctuation analyses and reporting disclosures
- Provide insight on the appropriate revenue recognition for large or complex
contracts with customers
- Work closely with Sales Operations and Deals Desk to streamline the order to
cash processes and improve efficiency
- Draft or maintain accounting memos for both revenue and deferred
commissions including write-ups on large and complex deals
- Assist in revenue system implementations
- Assist in the internal control and process development
You may be a good fit for our team if you have
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business related concentration
- 4 – 5 years public accounting experience including software and SaaS revenue
recognition experience under ASC 606
- Experience working with NetSuite a plus
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, and prioritize competing workloads
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, evaluative and problem-solving skills
- Experience in software, SaaS or technology industry
- Intermediate experience in MS Office Suite
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.