At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
About the Role
Vault is HashiCorp’s multi-cloud security platform. Its open source community has tens of thousands of active, engaged users. Its enterprise users include some of the largest finance, healthcare, and technology companies in the world. Vault’s core use cases are in Secrets Management (including Certificates and keys), Encryption and Access/Identity management. Vault supports these use cases through distributed systems that rely on storage and replication to provide a resilient, scalable, performant architecture that is based on zero trust principles of identity based authentication and authorization. As Vault is growing – in mind share, revenue, and team size -we are focused on enhancing and adding new capabilities to enterprise use cases around PKI, Key management and Vault’s cryptosec capabilities.
This role is dedicated to enhancing and building these Vault use cases. We are seeking individuals who have expertise in security technology, enterprise software and certificate, key management and encryption. You will build the product strategy for Vault use cases, conduct user research, define requirements, and oversee execution across cross-functional stakeholders. You will work closely with the Vault engineering team to support release cycles in order to continuously improve Vault capabilities for its core use cases.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Craft the product story by understanding the market landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles
- Write detailed product strategy documents to set the context for the product roadmap
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from Vault practitioners, customers, engineering, marketing, and the HashiCorp vision
- Conduct user/customer interviews. Write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into requirements for engineering to deliver.
- Communicate product status cross-functional stakeholders such as sales and marketing. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
- Enable the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing, technical documentation writers)
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 5+ years of product management experience with security, cloud security, identity management, enterprise products
- Strong knowledge of of PKI, certificate management, key management, as well as encryption
- Understanding of DevOps and DevSecOps workflows and needs
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure and open source software and modern application architectures
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Humility and learning mindset
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.