- Full Time
Product Manager – Terraform Cloud
About the role…
Terraform strives to create the best experience in provisioning infrastructure through automation, self-service, and continuous governance. We believe Infrastructure as Code done right allows developers to focus on areas that deliver maximum business value. A passionate open-source developer audience has allowed us to grow one of the most popular open-source tools today, a rich ecosystem of extensions into almost every infrastructure service available, and a commercial product that aims to help people provision at scale.
We’re looking for people interested in this space and want to move it forward.
This role is for someone with experience building enterprise software as a managed service. You will help set the strategy, conduct user research, define requirements, and oversee execution across engineering and marketing. You will work closely with the Terraform Cloud engineering team to build capabilities to further improve Terraform Cloud for its managed services offering.
In this role, you can expect to…
- Craft the product story by understanding the market landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles.
- Write detailed strategy documents to set the context for the product roadmap.
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from Terraform customers, partners, engineering, marketing, and the HashiCorp vision.
- Conduct user/customer research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into requirements for engineering to deliver.
- Communicate product status to all cross-functional stakeholders. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests. Work closely with sales, marketing, and other cross-functional teams to drive product adoption.
- Work collaboratively with the engineering and design teams to discover and deliver products that delight customers. Participate in detailed planning and prioritization exercises jointly with engineering and design.
- Create metrics and KPIs to measure success.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have…
- 3+ years of product management experience with a B2B SaaS product and/or services; AWS and/or Azure background preferred.
- Technical background in developer tooling, DevOps, or Infrastructure.
- Experience delivering a product in multiple forms – open source, enterprise, cloud/SaaS solutions.
- Strong user and market research skills.
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal.
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs.
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure and open source software and modern application architectures.
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Humility and learning mindset
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership of work
Skills you will practice as a product manager at HashiCorp:
- Defining the product roadmap and strategy
- Writing product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Leading sales engineer and support education sessions
- Enabling the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Perform market research
- Backlog management
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.
- Pay Transparency Calculator: https://bit.ly/3B7gwql
- Benefits: https://www.hashicorp.com/careers/benefits
- Intern Ranges: https://bit.ly/3H2soha