As a Product Education Engineer at HashiCorp, you will become an expert in HashiCorp products and write online tutorials that teach others to become experts. You will be the source of truth for operational recommended practices, implementation guidance, and solution architecture.
The HashiCorp product suite empowers individuals and companies to provision, secure, connect, and run applications in the cloud according to the modern cloud operating model. For this role you should be comfortable working with code and the command line.
This role is cross-functional between product, engineering, sales engineering, and customer success. You should be excited about taking feedback and requests from the field, coming up with creative solutions to real-world problems, and documenting those solutions for others to learn from. You should be passionate about devops, microservices, security, teaching, and education — both internally for HashiCorp employees and externally for HashiCorp users.
In this role you can expect to…
- Create hands-on lab exercises and interactive experiences to help practitioners become confident with HashiCorp products.
- Create slides and diagrams to explain the concepts around a product.
- Write recommended and best practice guides for using HashiCorp products in production.
- Curate educational resources created by other HashiCorp staff and the open source community.
- Write clear, step-by-step guides for specific use cases.
- Convert existing code samples to work on multiple cloud providers and for mixed workloads.
- Collaborate with other education engineers, sales engineers, product management, engineering, and solution architects to understand customer use cases and document solutions to their problems.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have…
- Genuine curiosity in learning how to learn and how to teach others to learn efficiently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – this will be tested during the interview process and is required to be successful.
- Previous experience with any HashiCorp product (production experience is not required).
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical role such as technical trainer, sales engineer, technical account manager, customer success engineer, enterprise architect, software engineer, or other relevant work experience.
- Experience running command line applications and developing/deploying web services on the cloud is required.
- Experience in teaching or education. This could be as a technical evangelist, tutor, or mentor.
- Experience operating and maintaining cloud infrastructure in a production environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience with audio/video (recording, microphones, Adobe Premiere Pro, Screenflow or Camtasia) is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with graphic design or visual explanations is preferred but not required.
- Experience delivering curriculum, exams, and certifications via training partners is preferred but not required.
In your cover letter or resumé, describe how you’ve worked with cloud infrastructure, security, encryption, orchestrators, microservices, DNS, proxies, or any distributed system deployment. Include a link to a sample of your writing or conference presentation, on any technical topic – a sample is strongly encouraged.
HashiCorp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency calculator. Information on our benefits can be found here. Intern ranges can be found here.