At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
About the Role
We are looking for a People Business Partner to help support our growing company. This unique role will provide support predominantly to first and second managers across HashiCorp’s EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) region, as well as drive key organizational development programs that are integral to building a strong culture and foundation to grow upon. The ideal candidate has experience in fast-paced, dynamic environments and can help scale/manage our rapid growth. We are seeking someone who can thrive in ambiguous situations and work collaboratively with our more senior Business Partner team. They’ll have a deep appreciation for what we do and a passion for how we do it. Success will be largely based on the ability to build productive and positive relationships, build scalable and quality programs and create replicable processes that can allow these relationships to thrive based on higher-order work.
In this role, you can expect to…
- Supports the Sr. Manager, People Business Partner – EMEA to implement and tailor HashiCorp’s people strategy for our EMEA employees.
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues. Escalate to the Sr. Manager, People Business Partner – EMEA (inc. other Sr. PBPs as required)and/or Legal when needed.
- Partner and coach managers, predominantly at the first and second line, and individuals to ensure they and their teams are growing and meeting their individual and team objectives.
- Works closely with management and team members to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Partner with managers on people-related matters and decisions including organizational design, planning and compensation.
- Own execution and enhancements of programs such as performance reviews and employee engagement surveys
- Drive organizational effectiveness initiatives on People Team roadmap such as talent calibrations, top talent identification framework, and critical role identification
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the larger People Team to develop solutions, programs, and opportunities for learning
- Nurture our strong culture, providing role modeling of our principles and Tao.
- Drive equality, diversity, and inclusion throughout all of our people team programs and initiatives.
- Act as a regional subject matter expert and champion for the People agenda across HashiCorp’s EMEA countries
- Helps to support the business in the development and embedding of region and country specific policies, processes and procedures, working with other EMEA or centralized People functions as required.
- Helps to drive, and may even own, various regulatory or compliance related People activities such as the setup and running of Workers Councils as and when required.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have…
- Some previous experience in recruiting, employee relations, people operations, compensation/benefits, and/or organizational development, ideally with a European or EMEA wide remit.
- Demonstrated past success in supporting, building and owning people programs
- Discretion and sound judgment while working with sensitive and confidential materials
- Demonstrated past success supporting teams, preferably a rapidly growing tech organization
- Experience managing employee relations issues that includes participation in investigations, handling employee disciplinary issues, and performance management meetings
- Strong desire to help others and intellectual curiosity about people and organizational issues
- Analytically driven skills; experience working with people metrics to guide decisions
- Passion for results; able to deliver full-cycle projects (start to finish) and results in a timely manner.
- A team player who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Effective communication, and interpersonal skills; great listener
- Solid problem-solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently
- Exceptional communication skills, specifically the ability to break down complex concepts into simple and clear language that anyone can understand
- Knowledge of equality, diversity, and inclusion approaches and history working on EDI initiatives
- This role requires fluency in English and German (both written and oral).
- Strong knowledge of German employment law is preferred.
- Knowledge of other European employment laws would be advantageous, particularly Netherlands and France.
- Further European language skills would be advantageous, particularly French.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.