At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
About the role…
The Workplace team powers and connects the workday for all HashiCorp employees through four pillars: connection & experience; environment; operations; and, our portfolio of global offices. These all play an important role in providing a support system for employees, whether they work in an office or at home.
We are hospitality and experience-driven at the core. We are made up of People people, meaning that we love supporting each other and all of the People in our workplace. We take on the good and the bad with optimism and with a positive, kind approach to solving problems, dealing with the obstacles handed to us, and proactively creating good around us. We think about each moment through the lens of our colleagues (our customers) so that we can create thoughtful and memorable experiences no matter what task we have at hand.
The Manager, Workplace Experience will be responsible for supervising the US offices (SF & Austin), the associated operations, and the Workplace experience team on the ground in these offices. This individual will have a strong background in facilities management, meeting and event planning, and operational execution. The Manager will support the US team in building on and working to the Workplace systems and processes within the offices, maintaining clean and organized spaces, proactively managing the constant change required in today’s world, developing and growing the team, and contributing to the global Workplace team in various ways. In the Austin office, the Workplace Manager will actively support the office in partnership with the Senior Workplace Coordinator, with an emphasis on supporting the many team off-sites and meetings happening within the office. Whichever focus this person has at any moment, a hospitality driven approach with an emphasis on creating a positively memorable experience will always be the goal.
In this role you can expect to…
- Lead a small US based team – being a partner, coach, trainer, mentor, along the way
- Oversee the Austin office day to day operations, manage vendor relationships and associated services, ensure employee health & safety compliance, proactively maintain the systems and space, and create a clean, polished, and positive environment for all to enjoy
- Organize, monitor, and communicate facility and building safety preparedness to employees
- Establish, build and maintain open, collaborative relationships with employees and leaders
- Build office systems and processes based on research, knowledge and best practices which help drive operational excellence and high quality programming (in partnership with leadership team)
- Collectively create a comprehensive workplace experience for employees by driving connection and delivering exceptional support services
- Create office experiences and events and support team off-sites and meetings within the offices which are consistent with the global strategy and thoughtful and inclusive in the planning and execution
- Supervise design and construction projects happening within the office including facility maintenance, improvements, renovations or build-outs; all with an eye to detail and consistency to the company aesthetics (in partnership with leadership team)
- Oversee company-wide workplace tickets via freshservice
- Take on ad-hoc tasks and projects that support the global workplace strategy and programming
- Contribute in ways beyond this high level overview of the role’s responsibilities
You may be a good fit for our team if you have…
- 8-10 years of people management experience in workplace operations or related background and facilities management experience in an office setting (HVAC, Air filtration, repairs and maintenance, space improvement projects, moves, vendor relationships, etc)
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to manage competing priorities individually or with your team, and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Genuine passion for supporting others with laser focus on creating a positive and memorable experience for the people being supported
- Have an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations and can contribute to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture
- A deep understanding of project management, and the ability to lead a project from start to finish
- A way of balancing the juggle of multiple projects with…checking the everyday operational boxes off the list with…putting out fires…with planning proactively to avoid fires
- Event design, management, and operations experience; delivering high quality internal programming while also showing agility with regards to feedback and changing needs
- An eye for detail with regards to all things from process to projects to design to space to events
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate in a clear, concise professional manner to a large cross-functional audience of all levels
- The ability to maintain a professional and kind game face even when things aren’t going as planned or desired; a curiosity about problem solving quickly and quietly
- A solid sense of self awareness and the desire for feedback to adapt and grow
- A no-job-is-too-small attitude
- Proficiency with G-Suite Products or the ability to learn software quickly
- This role is expected to be located in the Austin, TX office around 4 days per week
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.