- Full Time
The Terraform Workflows group is looking for an Engineer Manager to lead one of our product teams focused on building the future of Terraform Cloud to meet the needs of our customers.
We build Terraform, the open source industry standard in the Infrastructure-as-Code movement, and it’s changing how organizations from startups to the enterprise provision infrastructure. Terraform Cloud is our SaaS platform built on top of Terraform that has seen tremendous adoption with strong growth forecasted. This is an opportunity to have an impact not just on the productivity and lives of developers, but on improving the industry as a whole.
We operate autonomously in a highly collaborative, remote-first environment. Anchored by reflection and humility, we’re steadily improving our processes and technical practices that include continuous deployment and use of feature flags.
HashiCorp views management and technical leadership as two tracks, with a highly technical background being a requirement for both. This role is uniquely technical given the deeply infrastructure-related nature of the product. Given this unique situation, it is expected that applicants would be comfortable playing a mix of roles. In order of priority, this would include management and coaching, working closely with your product and design partners, and providing technical guidance to your team.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, we’d love to meet you! We have a large footprint and a quickly-growing user base, with lots of interesting problems and plenty of opportunities for growth and development.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Lead a team of engineers with their design and product partners to collaboratively ship improvements to Terraform Cloud using your technical expertise to guide the group
- Oversee the team's ownership of large customer facing projects, judiciously evaluate trade offs, and remove project blockers
- Ensure the on-time release of well-tested and reliable software
- Support the career growth of individual engineers
- Help the team field issues coming from Terraform Cloud customers
- Contribute to our growing engineering management team and culture
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- Experience managing software engineers to iteratively ship product features and improvements
- A software development background
- A dedication to modeling and supporting a positive and healthy work life balance
- Good communication skills, especially written, for working across the organization, capable of building strong relationships with peers and leadership
- Experience leading a remote distributed team
How We Work
At HashiCorp, we operate according to a strong set of company principles, many of which are described in The Tao of HashiCorp. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team, and this role is no exception. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
About the Application Process
All work requires excellent written communication skills, remote work doubly so. For this reason, we request a cover letter for your application to be considered complete.
In your cover letter, please describe what draws you to working at HashiCorp and to this role in particular. Specifics of your past experience are great to include, too.
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.
- Pay Transparency Calculator: https://bit.ly/3B7gwql
- Benefits: https://www.hashicorp.com/careers/benefits
- Intern Ranges: https://bit.ly/3H2soha