At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
About the role
HashiCorp is expanding its Inside Sales team to support the continued adoption of our Open Source offerings and the growth of our sales team. As an Inside Sales Representative (ISR), you will play a critical role in the success of our sales organization by proactively identifying and creating new opportunities. Your primary objective will be to drive new business pipeline through quality engagements with our Open Source community and prospective customers.
In this role, you will gain an understanding of our technology, learn what it takes to be a great Inside Sales Representative, and build foundational skill sets that you will carry throughout your career. Our goal is to set you up for success in this role while providing opportunities for you to grow and advance in your career at HashiCorp.
In this role you can expect to
- Work with our Strategic Named account teams to drive the growth and adoption of HashiCorp products
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and our partner team to develop new strategies to build sales pipeline and grow our business
- Actively engage with new and existing leads through various outbound channels to increase customer interest and excitement around HashiCorp products
- Learn our technology and effectively communicate our value to a technical audience, adding value with every touchpoint
- Engage in team development and mentoring
- Achieve monthly quotas of sourced qualified opportunities and closed business
Diversity in thought, background, and experience is critical to our success, so there isn’t a one-size-fits-all approach to who we hire.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or other relevant field
- 2-4 years sales (or relatable) experience
- High integrity and a team-first mentality
- Open to feedback, genuinely curious and constantly looking for ways to learn & improve
- Genuine interest and excitement for HashiCorp’s technology – don’t worry, we have a great onboarding program to get you up to speed.
- Experience working with a technical product or the aptitude to quickly learn complex technical concepts
- Fearless approach to prospecting — phone skills, excellent listening skills, and strong writing skills are all important
- Salesforce and other sales tools experience is a plus #LI-AD1
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.