About the role…
Are you a product marketer looking to make a huge impact at a high-growth company? Do you see how the cloud is redefining how the world’s largest enterprises think about their infrastructure and want to be a part of it? Do you want to lead the go-to-market efforts around a set of products that are adopted by millions of open source users, and work to expand that footprint into every corner of the Global 2000?
HashiCorp is seeking a Product Marketing Manager for its Infrastructure product line, including HashiCorp Terraform and HashiCorp Packer. It will be important for you to know the ins and outs of dynamic, cloud based IT operations, and how traditional provisioning workflows are being disrupted by the cloud. You will need to understand our customers and their needs so you can work closely across the organization to drive the right messages and go-to-market activities, deliver tools and training to the sales team, and help drive commercial success for Terraform and Packer.
In this role you can expect to…
- Develop and iterate product positioning and messaging that differentiates Terraform and Packer commercially in the market.
- Content creation — use your domain knowledge, technical expertise, and understanding of our target personas to create specific content to help customers learn about, select, and be advocates for Terraform and Packer.
- Sales enablement — create and maintain content to educate the field on product capabilities that support the product use case.
- Market and competitive intelligence – be an expert on our buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; understand the market landscape and how to competitively position the product. Serve as the voice of the customer to the internal product-focused teams to reinforce solving customer challenges.
- Cross-team collaboration— This role will work with engineering, product, and the sales engineering (SE) team to deliver slide decks, tutorials, demos, videos, and technical white papers that align with our go-to-market initiatives.
- Content evangelism— this role will contribute to educating sales and SE teams on the availability and usability of the content. It is especially important to keep content up-to-date and consistently discoverable.
- Identify strategic partners to drive adoption of the Infrastructure product line and work with extended ecosystem and partner teams to document joint positioning and messaging with strategic partners.
- Experience with pricing and packaging strategies and application of these strategies to bring new product offerings to market.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have…
- 3-5 years of software product marketing experience with at least 1-2 years of experience in a technical or field-facing role related to cloud, infrastructure, IT operations or networking.
- Technical subject matter expert in cloud infrastructure, with a strong understanding of the impact of cloud, distributed systems, core infrastructure, and DevOps approaches
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Some travel required
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience with enterprise open source software offerings and experience bringing them to market
- Deep customer focus and understanding
- Strong ability to analyze an idea and develop a plan to execute
- Excellent communicator
- Experienced in core marketing functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-Remote
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency calculator. Information on our benefits can be found here. Intern ranges can be found here.