HashiCorp is a fast-growing technology company that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so that organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as self-managed environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role…
We are looking for a Director or Senior Director depending on experience, to be the finance business partner of HashiCorp’s Research & Engineering Department which includes Engineering, Product Management and Cloud Platforms teams. This role reports to the Vice President of FP&A.
This opportunity is ideal for someone who is looking for a broad range of both strategic and operational experience in financial planning and analysis and exposure to Senior leadership in a hyper growth technology company. This role would be a great fit, if you thrive in a dynamic, fast-growing, and high energy environment and you are energized by the opportunity to develop a best in class R&D finance business partnership function (e.g people, tools and processes).
In this role you can expect to…
- Own the strategy and execution roadmap to develop the best in class R&D finance business partnership framework.
- Be a key strategic and operational partner to R&D and Finance senior leaders.
- Lead a talented team of three financial analysts.
- Develop escalable, repeatable and usable processes and tools in partnership with FP&A’s Corporate and Digitization teams.
- Create and own the FP&A framework for effectively managing New Product Introduction by proactively partnering with Engineering, Product Marketing and Corporate FP&A teams.
- Own key R&D financial processes, models and analysis based on unit economics focused on maximizing R&D resources and influencing wihtout authority decision making.
- Provide executive level predictive and prescriptive insights on how the different Product groups are performing against Plan and forecasts based on unit economic targets and produce recommendations for optimization.
- Partner closely with the Cloud Platforms and FP&A Digitization teams to lead and develop an effective Cloud cost analytics practice.
- Work closely with a broader Finance and accounting team, Business leads and Senior leadership to align on key business drivers providing timing and accurate decision-making analysis and actionable insights.
- Partner closely with our Digitization and Corporate FP&A teams to drive value added efficiencies and accuracy in R&D key financial processes and tools.
- Lead R&D key strategic or operational projects on behalf of the Vice President of FP&A.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, MBA, or CFA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Finance business partnership in fast growing publicly traded technology companies supporting R&D, Products and/or Cloud Platforms/operations teams.
- 8+ years of experience developing high performing finance teams.
- Experience in Cloud Finance with deep knowledge spanning from data center infrastructure up through SaaS offerings.
- Proven track record of collaborating with engineering, product management, product marketing on topics ranging from cloud cost optimization efforts to new product introduction.
- Experience partnering with Corporate FP&A and Digitization teams to implement processes and tools that free team members to focus on strategic partnership and prescriptive and predictive analysis.
- Strong principles of accountability, self-reflection and execution. You approach challenges with a growth mindset.
- Effective pririotization skills and comfortable leading and influencing others towards firm deadlines.
- Highly effective communication skills verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in clear, concise and simple yet effective ways.
- Experience leading to completion of cross-functional financial projects.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.