HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role:
We are looking for an outstanding communicator to join us as our first Analyst Relations Manager. You know the strategies and approaches to help us grow our industry analyst relations (AR) program and take it to the next level. You will own strategy and execution from end to end, including our overall AR strategy, owning and building relationships with all of our core industry analysts across multiple AR firms, building out engagement strategy and investment across analysts and firms (both pre-existing and new relationships). You will partner with various stakeholders and teams in Marketing to execute on this program from inquiry and briefing engagement to leveraging outputs like research notes for marketing campaigns, for our field organization, and more. The goal is for us to increase our visibility within the analyst community, build up knowledge of HashiCorp with our core analysts, ensuring they thoroughly understand our company value proposition, our products, use cases, and more.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work across the marketing organization (product marketing, revenue marketing) to plan/implement practical and measurable analyst programs that support HashiCorp’s AR program goals, as well as product-specific goals
- Collaborate with industry analysts and their firms in both paid and non-paid capacities to ensure we are appropriately positioned in research and our products and use cases are understood and represented accurately
- Lead programs to make use of analyst research and feedback throughout the HashiCorp organization. Be the expert within HashiCorp who knows the research agendas underway at the major firms and what our key analysts are deeply involved in now
- Build and drive a proactive engagement strategy and plan that helps us to be regularly referenced and appropriately positioned in research
- Collaborate across teams and integrate customer references to help educate and build up analysts’ understanding and perceptions of our solutions
- Lead and own cross-functional projects related to analyst research as required
- Work closely with product marketing and product teams to develop analyst-specific positioning and messaging that results in improving analyst perceptions
- Ensure that our brand and capabilities are frequently and accurately represented in key analyst reports, blogs, and presentations
- Actively communicate HashiCorp news, information, and developments to the analyst community
- Lead a comprehensive program to share analyst insights with key internal partners, specifically our sales enablement team, so our field organization has analyst validation resources available to them
- Build an engagement strategy that helps to establish rapport between company spokespersons and key industry analysts for two-way communication
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 4-6 years in an analyst relations, communications, or product marketing role; a self-described analyst relations expert
- Must have a proven track record of working with industry analysts and be able to evangelize and educate the benefits and value of our solutions, and the company, while also understanding how to get the most from analyst research, advice, and feedback for HashiCorp
- Experience working with product marketing teams to craft compelling messaging for analysts to help guide and tune our messages for maximum impact
- Ability to manage complex projects in a fast-changing environment.
- Strong analytical abilities and critical, creative problem solver with the ability to deliver on day-to-day tactics while infusing new ideas and approaches in support of overall team objectives
- Collaborative style and a dedication to excellence, especially in relation to analysts of widely varying backgrounds, personalities, and expertise
- Ability to balance multiple, complex tasks and projects concurrently
- Demonstrate dedication to helping teams drive success and achieve results
- Proven project management skills: Ability to keep projects/programs on track – on time and within budget
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.