We’re looking for a strategic, growth-focused product marketer to help us accelerate growth and strengthen our core product. If you're customer-obsessed with strong go-to-market expertise, we want to hear from you!
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
You’ll combine product thinking, data analysis, segmentation, GTM planning, and positioning to define how we bring new and existing product offerings to the 6 million small businesses in the US. Partnering with subject matter experts on a wide variety of teams, you’ll identify, prioritize, and accelerate the growth of our core product. You’ll use data to demonstrate the success of your work.
Priority one is serving and expanding our market share with SMBs across the US. You’ll partner with product managers, sales, and customer experience teams to ensure customer needs directly influence product strategy.
If you are a full-stack product marketer with a product mindset and ambition to accelerate a company on a mission to help small businesses grow, we’d love to hear from you!
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Understand customer needs through segmentation, competitive market analysis, surveys, interviews, and product usage data. Use understanding to impact strategy
- Develop positioning and messaging that inspires customers and drives action
- Influence the product roadmap by continually refining and synthesizing your understanding of the market and customers we serve
- Collaborate with sales and customer experience teams to develop field enablement materials that will successfully bring a product to market
- Increase Gusto market share; execute go-to-market campaigns to drive product adoption, growth, and retention in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Work with our business development teams to establish, develop, and optimize joint-marketing campaigns to drive adoption and growth of offerings through integrated partnerships
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5+ years of work experience; 3+ in product marketing, product management, full stack marketing or strategy roles
- An experienced marketer that’s customer obsessed and brings the customer point of view to impact business, product and marketing strategy
- A product mindset and track record of tight collaboration with product teams
- A wildly curious and quantitative person who uses data to solve problems
- An influencer that can work well with cross-functional stakeholders at various levels of the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- BA/BS degree
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $120,000-149,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $146,000-181,000/yr for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.