Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
We’re looking for a Sales Insights and Operations professional to partner with sales leaders. As a key contributor to our sales team, you will play a critical role in developing the go-to-market capabilities for our high growth sales team. This role provides a unique opportunity in that you will support and help shape a rapidly growing and strategically important segment of our business. Candidates should align with our company values, be highly self-motivated to drive results, and have an insatiable desire to learn and grow to solve the business problems they face.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Day-to-day support of sales program: Provide day-to-day support and thought partnership to our Sales leadership, including ad hoc decision making support, reporting and analyses, cross-functional collaboration and one-off projects.
- Uplevel sales strategy and execution: Support, develop, and execute sales strategy projects (e.g., sales team structure, sales role redefinition, account and lead prioritization, territory design)
- Process design and improvement: Identify, draft and implement process and tool improvements that lead to business objectives: higher conversion rates, sales efficiency, better Gustie user experience and better customer experience
- Comp and quota planning : Develop quotas and provide input to compensation to motivate our reps to overachieve sales targets.
- Sales Productivity & Enablement: Develop pipeline management best practices, and metrics / analytics to enable sales productivity. Translate pain points into comprehensive business requirements and projects
- Revenue Analytics: Partner with our other RevOps team members, Finance team, and Marketing team to develop sales metrics, operational reporting, and forecasts.
- Cross-Functional Partnerships: Partner effectively with Sales leadership, Finance & Business Operations, Marketing, and Product teams.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 6+ years of strategy, ops, or analytical experience; ideally 5+ in sales or business operations. Experience at a fast-paced technology company, direct and channel sales, and multi-product sales team is preferred.
- Strong yet empathetic business partner; experience collaborating with and advising sales leaders
- First principles thinker who analyzes and presents data effectively to drive insights and decision-making.
- True passion for sales: you creatively find ways to make sales teams more productive.
- Deep experience with typical sales-stack technologies and analytical tools (e.g., SFDC, SQL, Tableau or similar).
- You are a self-starter and fast learner; no one tells you where to find the answers
- Hyper-organized with strong attention to detail; effective stakeholder and project management is the bare minimum and is part of your secret sauce
- Executive written and verbal communication
- Adaptable; you have the ability to influence senior leaders and drive change, but also get your hands dirty and troubleshoot any issue that arises
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $104,000 – $125,000/year in Denver & most remote locations, and $127,000 – $152,000/year for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home with us.
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Our company considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.