We are seeking a Senior Product Manager who is interested in creating innovative products and policies while building a Risk Platform that not only provides the best user experience possible that helps Gustomers and Gusto grow while mitigating risks.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
You will be responsible for building APIs, products and platforms in close collaboration with the Engineering, Design and Data Science teams. Also collaborating with the Risk Operations team to ensure they have the right tools to manage risk. Partnering with the Growth and the vertical Product teams to create the smoothest experience possible for our Gustomers while always mitigating risks for both our customers and Gusto.
The Risk product is part of the Platform Product team where we focus on delivering reusable capabilities that accelerate Gusto’s business segments. We innovate on new products that help streamline our Gustomers’ operations. You will be joining a small, but growing team of Product Managers who are delivering products that have a positive impact on hundreds of thousands of small and medium businesses and their employees.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Shape and drive the strategy for Risk at Gusto driven by market research and insights on customer needs
- Effectively collaborate with Engineering, Design, Data Sciences to develop new products and enhance our platform by defining, documenting and communicating the requirements of product initiatives
- Partner and influence the roadmap of Gusto’s business units to drive a risk aware product development strategy
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 6+ years of Product Management experience
- Demonstrated experience in shipping products with great user experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that can help the team understand customer problems and drive prioritization
- Experience leading medium to large complex projects, leveraging ML, operations, and external vendors
- Problem solver who can move from presentations for executives to detailed specifications for products, leading API discussions with engineers. or scraping up SQL while product dashboards are being built
- Experience working in Fintech and SMB products preferred
At Gusto, we strive to provide rewards that empower employees to achieve their financial and personal goals. We offer competitive compensation packages with a strong emphasis on equity based compensation (ownership in Gusto). To learn more about Gusto’s compensation philosophy and benefits offerings please view our Total Rewards Approach page.
Our cash compensation range for this role is $154,000/yr to $211,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $187,000/yr to $249,000/yr in San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.