We are looking for a creative, customer-driven Senior Product Manager to join our Core Payroll team to help re-imagine and scale the payroll lifecycle experience.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Gusto serves over 200,000 small businesses across the US, providing payroll, time-tracking, benefits and financial wellness products to our customers. As we continue to scale our product and service to millions of businesses, we are looking for an amazing product leader who will drive the future of the core payroll experience by reimagining a future to delight our customers while enabling Gusto to scale.
As part of Gusto’s Core Payroll team, you will collaborate with a team of engineers, designers, and data scientists to redefine and shape the heart of our product experience. You will also partner with a cross-functional team to evolve the customer experience, support new legislation and compliance, and scale this part of our product to continue to fuel Gusto’s industry leading NPS and C-SAT scores. Help us transform this critical customer experience and delight customers in ways they couldn’t have imagined possible.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Drive the Payroll Lifecycle roadmap to improve the customer experience with a cross functional team of product managers, engineers, data scientists and designers
- Identify emerging technologies and industry trends, build business cases, and define product vision and strategy
- Articulate and design customer experiences and that make our users, including internal customers, smile
- Operate at many levels of the business to drive strategic efforts while zooming in to nitty-gritty compliance and technical details
- Deeply understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate and launch frequently
- Be an owner of products and businesses, end to end
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5+ years of hands-on product management experience
- Proven track record of building products customers love in rapidly scaling companies
- Great attention to detail. Pixel perfect isn’t an ideal, it is a requirement
- Entrepreneurial, driven, passionate about our mission, and have deep empathy for our customers
- Bonus if you have :
- Experience in building products in a regulated or compliance driven environment with back-office operational components
- Explored and launched multiple A/B experiments
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $132,000/yr to $184,00/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $165,000/yr to $223,000/yr for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.