We are looking for a creative, customer-driven Senior Product Manager to join our Core Benefits team to help re-imagine and scale the Benefits experience.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
As part of Gusto’s Core Benefits team, you will collaborate with a team of engineers, designers, and data scientists to redefine and shape the heart of our Benefits experience.
We are looking for an analytical and empathetic Senior Product Manager to join our team and create seamlessly automated and simplified workflows. You’ll have freedom to work closely with customers, partners and a dedicated team of engineers to explore, iterate, and build the future you strongly believe in. You’ll bring your passion for problem solving, automation, and beautiful processes to create delightful experiences for Customers and Internal Teams.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Spend time with our Gusties, and target customers and learn deeply about their needs and jobs-to-be-done
- Identify emerging technologies and industry trends, build business cases, and define product vision and strategy
- Partner with engineering, design, and data science to ship solutions that delight Gusties and partners, and make measurable impact on the business
- Continuous stakeholder research to identify and prioritize initiatives that improve our products and services across innovative big bets and continuous incremental improvements
- Understand and improve key product and business metrics.
- Regularly take risks and make calculated tradeoffs
- Be an owner of products and partners, end to end
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 4+ years of hands-on product management or similar experience
- An empathetic approach and eagerness to help solve customer and team problems
- A proven track record of building products customers love in rapidly scaling companies
- Experience managing external partners and vendors to ship product functionality
- A high level of comfort with data and 1st principles problem solving
- The ability to paint a compelling vision to inspire your teams and senior leaders
- Be entrepreneurial, driven, passionate about our mission, and have deep empathy for our customers
At Gusto, we strive to provide rewards that empower employees to achieve their financial and personal goals. We offer competitive compensation packages with a strong emphasis on equity based compensation (ownership in Gusto). To learn more about Gusto’s compensation philosophy and benefits offerings please view our Total Rewards Approach page.
Our cash compensation range for this role is $132,000/yr to $184,00/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $165,000/yr to $223,000/yr in San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.