Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
As the Senior Marketing Analytics Manager at Gusto, you’ll help drive our understanding of performance of key marketing efforts. You’ll build robust testable data models, build reports leveraging a range of data tools, and know how to condense key analysis into digestible data stories for review meetings.
You’ll be part of the Revenue Operations Forecasting & Analytics team surrounded by adept complementary partners in marketing, sales, data science, business intelligence, data engineering, finance, and more. Candidates should be highly self-motivated to drive revenue-impacting outcomes, not just numerical outputs. You should be comfortable with working across a range of cadences, from one-off ad-hoc analyses to lifecycle management of key data products, like dashboards and canonical datasets.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Provide actionable reporting, analysis, and core metric reporting that helps marketing teams improve performance across a variety of channels
- Champion data literacy within the organization, which means being conscious of usage of your deliverables — i.e. that they are making a difference
- Focus on outcomes — i.e. building actionable data products
- Work with the CRO’s leadership team to scope, evaluate, and build executive dashboards, data products, and data pipelines.
- Analyze cross-channel data, including email, upsell, retention, ads, in-app campaigns to develop insights into customer segments in order to pinpoint revenue-affecting opportunities
- Provide analysis and insight into marketing and business development/partner marketing initiatives: campaign performance, channel contributions, attribution analysis, ROI, and performance against budget and forecast
- Partner with Business Intelligence to build production-ready dashboards that help business partners make faster and better decisions
- Engage cross functionally with RevOps teams (e.g. SalesOps, MarOps) to ensure timely, accurate and reliable delivery of results across a range of analytical tools and data systems
- Manage a team to facilitate all of the above
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5+ years of demonstrable deep analytical experience in marketing-related activities.
- Intense attention to detail with a maniacal focus on quality and accuracy.
- Strong organization, prioritization and troubleshooting skills while juggling multiple projects using Agile methodologies.
- Solid experience analyzing complex datasets to drive insights and decision-making.
- First-principles thinker who can reduce problems to their essence and focus on value-added outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially with assisting in generating inputs to reviews and reports that are often assembled just-in-time
- Self-starter who thrives in a rapidly changing environment, unfazed by “blank sheet of paper” problems (vs. highly structured environment).
- Ability to inform and support senior leadership, drive change, and also pivot to work in the details to troubleshoot issues.
- Intermediate to advanced SQL
- Intermediate to advanced use of spreadsheets
- Intermediate to advanced user of Tableau
- Competent visual thinker able to construct data stories via dashboards and slides
- Experience with sales & marketing stacks (e.g. Salesforce) and analytical tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Familiarity with related data-science methods, like regression etc.
- Familiarity with RevOps analytics challenges
- Experience in a fast-paced technology company or team within larger org
- Understanding of DataOps practices, like testing, data-quality, governance, “Data Product” mindset, etc
Compensation: Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $134,000 – 146,000/year Denver & most remote locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home with us.
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Our company considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.