Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
About the Role
As Product Operations at Gusto, our goal is to collaborate with partners to build the best version of Gusto, both as experienced by customers and our internal teams. Working with Product and Customer Experience, you will be expected to tackle both highly strategic and deeply operational projects.
A typical day may include advocating for a highly valuable customer-facing feature with PMs and Engineering in the morning, meeting with marketing and customer-facing teams to prepare for a launch in the afternoon, and preparing to share customer insights and analyses in company-wide reports by the end of the day.
If this sounds exciting to you, we’d love to connect! This role in particular will focus on initiatives related to our new customer segments.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead and support cross-functional projects across Payroll, Product, and Customer Experience teams
- Hypothesis-driven problem solving to drive our business
- Ensure operating team readiness when launching new features and customer experiences
- Be the voice of our customers as we build new features
- Develop and manage project plans for cross-functional initiatives
- Provide business insights and recommendations based on data that will drive our strategy
- Build and implement scalable processes and service designs that complement our software capabilities and ensure a foundation for successful scaling of our products
- Get your hands dirty and troubleshoot issues that arise
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in operating roles at growing startups, biz ops roles, and/or product operations
- Ability to develop insightful quantitative analyses, paired with strong critical thinking and sound business judgment.
- Proficiency with Excel and SQL
- Proven process improvement experience and a passion for making processes more efficient
- Stakeholder and project management mastery
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Executive presence and ability to influence senior leaders
- Deep empathy and obsession for our small business customers
- Grit, hustle, and fire for making things right
- A passion for helping others
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $87,000 – $132,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $105,000 – $160,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.