Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
We’re looking for a Marketing Operations Manager to own the marketing platform across data structure and integrity, tools and integrations, and lead management (e.g., ingestion, normalization, cleansing, enrichment, dispositioning, prioritization, routing) aligned with the corresponding processes to operationalize. You’ll work closely with Revenue (Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, RevOps), Business Technology, EPD (Engineering, Product, Design), and Data (Data Platform, Business intelligence, Data Science) teams to optimize existing MarTech and implement new additions to our tool stack.
Compensation: Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $103,000 – $145,000/year in Denver & most remote locations, and $126,000 – $176,000/year for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Partner cross functionally in the development, integration and management of add-on automation processes and tools to enhance capability, including contact augmentation vendors, direct mail automation services, SMS, and more.
- Administer the sync between our marketing automation system and our CRM, ensuring data integrity and availability of the right information for Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success to deliver an optimal Prospect and Customer experience.
- Contribute to the development of world class lifecycle analytics, enabling Marketers and Customer Segment owners to understand the entire end to end Customer journey, including acquisition, retention, and expansion
- Document processes and procedures for marketing workflows in Marketo, acting as a primary “power user” of the system
- Work closely with Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success teams (vendors when applicable) to optimize Lead and Opportunity management and efficiency to drive funnel performance
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in marketing operations or related role. Experience at a fast-paced technology company, direct and channel acquisition, and multi-product team is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with marketing platforms including CRM tools (Salesforce, Dynamics), marketing automation platforms (Marketo, Eloqua, Pardot), contact enrichment tools (Clearbit, Datanyze), and sales enablement tools (PersistIQ, Outreach.io)
- Hands on expertise and mindset of continuous improvement across marketing automation architecture and digital campaign development
- Passion for deep understanding of the lead-to-revenue demand funnel, with experience in cross-selling, upselling, and retention (B2B / B2C combo experience preferred)
- Working experience with marketing analytics. SQL, Python, HTML PM experience a plus
- Strong yet empathetic business partner; experience collaborating with and advising sales leaders
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Candidates should align with our company values, be highly self-motivated to drive results, and have an insatiable desire to learn and grow to solve the business problems they face.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home with us.
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Our company considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.