Inside Sales Representative – Small Business Sales
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto.
We're excited to grow our world-class Sales department here at Gusto. This is a unique chance to grow and develop as a Sales professional all while helping small businesses choose and onboard with Gusto. You’ll work with a dynamic team of sales professionals, product experts, and leadership to help you excel in your career and serve our small business customers.
Your role will be to help small business customers choose Gusto. Interacting with customers who sign up on our website via email, chat, and live phone interactions, you’ll help match our people platform offering to their specific business needs, exercising advisory sales skills. You’ll help them navigate an important onboarding process, demonstrating sophisticated customer success skills.
Our team of over a hundred sales professionals includes folks practices across all channels and with different types of customers, but we all share deep passion and commitment to solutions selling: our company exists to solve problems for small businesses, and our sales team is a vital front door for small businesses who need and love our solutions. We have communal goals, a team spirit, and company leadership that cares about selling the right way.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Answer live inbound calls and chats, and engage in email communication at a high volume with customers at different points in the sales process: discovery, decision, and onboarding. These activities make up 70-75% of your day
- Aid customers in selecting Gusto
- Support customers through the process of onboarding (70% of your daily conversations)
- Develop customer empathy and product expertise
- Exercise and master advisory selling of solutions for small businesses
- Participate in community and career development opportunities at Gusto
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 1 year previous experience in call center environments
- A commitment to customer empathy and ethical business practices
- Passion to achieve goals and improve your craft
- Excellent communication skills both via phone and email/chat
- Motivated by challenge and adaptable to change
Our cash compensation amount for this role is $22.60 – $24.04 per hour in Denver & remote locations. This role is an hourly position and not eligible for commission, but does include bonuses in the form of equity/stock. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amount listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.