Gusto is hiring a seasoned Product Management leader with 7+ years of experience in operationally complex domains.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
We’re looking for an experienced leader with a background in app ecosystems, marketplaces, or app platforms who will drive the expansion of our developer experience and integration ecosystem. In this role. you’ll be tasked with partnering with the Partnerships and Product Marketing teams to form a strategy on how we approach our partnership ecosystem across many product categories, and lead development of partner integrations, provisioning, and billing. Additionally you’ll be leading a team of Product Managers to execute on that vision and driving top-line revenue for Gusto.
When you join, you’ll hit the ground running with a dedicated and growing team of Product Managers, Design, Engineering, Data Science, Legal and Partnership partners.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Build Gusto’s app ecosystem strategy for 200,000+ employers, solving key jobs-to-be-done and driving a substantial revenue stream for Gusto
- Drive the roadmap for Gusto’s app ecosystem, including everything from managing 1st party integrations to 3rd party partnerships
- Utilize data and business insights to influence investment in the developer experience and tools
- Lead and grow a team of product managers to deliver on your strategy
- Be an owner of products and businesses – end to end
- Identify emerging opportunities and industry trends, build business cases, and define product vision and strategy
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 7+ years of product experience working in partnerships, developer relations, engineering or similar technical role with external stakeholders
- Track record of working with external developers or vendors
- Strong understanding of software development. You don’t need to write code in this role, but you can ask questions to understand how our technical decisions impact your team and API users
- Strong cross-functional stakeholder management and experience managing complex projects across multiple teams
- Strategic thinker with the experience balancing and prioritize short-term solutions while keeping the long-term vision in mind
- Experience building and leading high performance teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A growth mindset and comfort with ambiguity
At Gusto, we strive to provide rewards that empower employees to achieve their financial and personal goals. We offer competitive compensation packages with a strong emphasis on equity based compensation (ownership in Gusto). To learn more about Gusto’s compensation philosophy and benefits offerings please view our Total Rewards Approach page.
Our cash compensation range for this role is $179,000/yr to $244,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $211,000/yr to $281,000/yr in San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.