- Full Time
The Core Benefits group focuses on delivering world class benefits to small businesses by helping small business owners take care of their team. Our Benefits platform currently offers 10+ benefits, from health insurance to college savings. Everyday we are dreaming of ways to level up our benefits offering by making it more affordable, accessible, guided, personalized, and seamless. We make this a reality by building automation for our operation teams and recommendation systems for our customers, deeply integrating with partners such as health insurance carriers, supporting new regulations aimed at helping small business, and much much more. Small businesses rely on us for expert, guided and opinionated advice and partnership in helping them craft the right benefits offering for their team throughout their lifecycle as a small business.
About the role:
You will be the engineering leader for this business, reporting directly to the Head Of Core Business Engineering. You will partner closely with the Core Benefits cross functional leadership team from across the business to execute on our benefits strategy. Our engineering teams are focused on scaling, expanding and in certain areas re-imagining our core benefits product offering for the next several years.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Hire, lead and scale our benefits engineering organization
- Work cross functionally with data science, design and product management leadership to drive the org’s vision and strategy, and realize it through execution
- Responsible for driving the development of product and core platform in a fast paced, start-up environment
- Providing technical leadership in defining the product and platform solutions
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 15+ years software engineering experience
- 7+ years software engineering management experience. 5+ years leading other engineering managers
- Experience in scaling engineering organizations with a focus on individual and team development
- Experienced in leading revenue generating product orgs in complex domains (healthcare is a plus)
- Ability to balance business needs, development for multiple product lines, and shipping high quality solutions
- Demonstrated experience working and leading in cross-functional environments for complex products
- Experience in growth, product platformization and user experience optimization preferred
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $215,000- 240,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $250,000- 280,000/yr for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.