At Gusto, we help more than 200,000 small businesses create great places to work for their people. We do this through modern payroll, employee benefits, expert HR, and financial services.
We are searching for an experienced General Manager to lead our Benefits business at Gusto. This executive will guide all of Gusto’s initiatives to provide innovative and delightful Benefits to our 200,000+ small business customers and their employees. As the Head of Benefits Product, you’ll act as a General Manager of several cross-functional teams of Engineers, Product Managers, Product Designers, Data Scientists, Business Technology, and Product Operations teams, and will work very closely with each of the General Managers of our business units. In addition, you’ll partner closely with our Head of Revenue to deliver customer value, drive customer acquisition of Benefits, and influence our go-to-market strategies. You’ll partner with our Head of Customer Experience to provide seamless support and customer engagement and operations touch points.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Own the growth and scale of Gusto’s Benefits business, including the delivery of our current Benefits offerings, and our future roadmap, emerging products and innovations.
- Lead a cross-functional team of Engineers, Product Managers, Product Designers, Business Technology, Data Scientists, and Product Operations in order to deliver Gusto’s Benefits offerings to our customers.
- Build and empower a cross-functional organization, and scale your leadership team as the company scales.
- Bring out the best in the individuals on your team by enabling them to do the best work of their lives.
Here’s what we’re looking for
- 15+ years industry experience in leading cross-functional teams.
- 7+ years as a business unit or departmental leader running internal product platforms at significant scale.
- Experience building innovative Benefits offerings; deep knowledge of the Benefits industry and understanding of the Benefits ecosystem, policy issues and compliance issues in the space.
- Experience building and managing high performing teams across multiple disciplines.
- Track record of delivering on the diverse needs of multiple leaders across several business units.
- Track record of accelerating the business through shared services.
- Experience scaling a team through hypergrowth.
- Empathetic and employee-focused: You care deeply about the people in your team, helping them to achieve their personal and professional goals, and enabling them to do the best work of their lives.
- Track record of creating diverse and inclusive teams.
Our base salary cash compensation range for this role is $275,000 to $300,000. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate location, experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. Gusto is a people platform for businesses who care about their people. Our products and services help small and medium business owners onboard, pay, insure, and engage their teams, in one integrated, easy-to-use platform loved by over 200,000 modern employers. Gusto makes taking care of teams a joyful experience, while helping owners manage their bottom line and stay compliant. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Generation Investment Management, T. Rowe Price, and Fidelity.
Gusto has built the first modern, all-in-one people platform, bringing together Payroll, Benefits, HR and Employee Onboarding under one roof. We provide a full-service solution including software, expert support, and a variety of business services under one room, designed around our customers. Gusto is growing faster than any other company in its space. In 10 years, we’ve grown to nearly 4% of all businesses in the US.