Finance, BizOps & Strategy, FP&A Manager
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
The Finance team provides strategic, operational and financial decision support at the corporate, departmental and product level. The team’s mission is to define and defend the business model while accelerating Gusto’s growth.
As part of the Corporate Finance sub team, you will provide key reporting insights to leaders across Gusto to enable company level decision making. You'll gain experience partnering with foundation (G&A) leaders, improve capital allocation through improving the financial planning and headcount management systems, and automate and scale internal reporting.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Corporate Planning & Forecasting. Manage Gusto’s corporate model in Adaptive and support strategic planning, forecasting and resource allocation.
- Headcount Planning & Management. Partner with Gusto’s recruiting team and other FBOS teammates to operationalize headcount and hiring plans.
- Management Reporting. Support key corporate reporting requirements to Board of Directors and Executive Team, e.g. company level KPI tracking, performance to plan, budget vs. actual variance analysis and other analysis in Tableau.
- Drive Efficiency and Scale. Help continuously standardize and improve reporting frameworks, systems, processes and data governance to create leverage for the FBOS team and help Gusto scale.
- Business Support. Support key foundation leaders as a business partner & other FBOS partners (Finance partner for Finance)
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in Corporate Finance/ FP&A/ Finance & Strategy / Financial Operations, with Operational SaaS experience.
- Technical skills.
- Excel pro with the superpower to develop insightful financial models and quantitative analysis, paired with strong critical thinking and sound business judgment.
- Comfortable building new processes in an enterprise financial planning system (Adaptive).
- Familiar with human capital management software.
- Tableau or other BI tools.
- Discipline & Attitude.
- Sharp attention to detail with a natural feel for numbers and data, and have a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Impressive time management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects/tasks with multiple stakeholders while hitting deadlines on time sensitive projects.
- When things break, get your hands dirty and troubleshoot issues that arise
- Location. This role is remote eligible.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $100,000 – $123,000/year in Denver & most remote locations, and $121,000 – $149,000/year for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.