Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
BYB Member Events Specialist
Our Broker Integration Program, which started in 2021 as a pilot, has taken off so rapidly that we need to grow to meet the demand. One of our best ways to serve large desk employers (>25EEs) is to allow them to bring their brokers onto the Gusto Platform!
Join us in serving a new generation of customers on Broker Operations!
You’ll be joining a team of 4, soon to be 7 ICs, and a PE. You’ll also partner frequently with our group advocate team, which onboards admins and their brokers onto the platform, and our broker account manager, who manages relationships with our broker partners.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
On this team, you’ll be the connection between the member events of our customers and their brokers. You will process qualifying life events, new hire enrollments, terminations, and member updates. You’ll work in Salesforce, Hippo, Panda, and Google Sheets.
- Manage benefit operations across multiple teams within Benefit Operations
- Expertly process large volumes of data in Hippo
- Ensure all quality control steps are accurately followed in a timely manner
- Work through queues of requests in Salesforce and other technology platforms
- Help to scale our growing health benefits operations and improve our processes – find pain points and seek better ways for us to tackle our work
- Collaborate with team members on special projects to increase efficiency
- Understand customer pain points and partner with cross-functional teams to simplify and automate existing processes
- Provide expertise in healthcare and benefits enrollment via written and verbal communication with Gusto Customers
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 0-1 years work experience – bonus points for exposure to healthcare and salesforce.
- A positive attitude and can-do outlook with ability to work throughout seasonal peaks
- Experience with Google Workspace (Gmail, Docs, & Sheets)
- Familiar with data entry
- Experience with customer communication
- Skilled in problem solving, dealing with ambiguity, cross-team communication, and a passion for operations to ultimately improve people’s lives
- Excel in a metrics-based operational position where numbers matter and data drives new projects and ideas
- Self-motivated and comfortable working collaboratively and autonomously: you are excited about striving toward team and individual metrics
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $19.24/hr in Denver & most remote locations, and $22.60/hr for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.