GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Technology Alliances Marketing Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of integrated marketing campaigns, client-facing programs and event sponsorships. You will have the opportunity to oversee aspects of marketing strategy, content development, core messaging and positioning. You will create targeted integrated marketing campaigns to drive pipeline and create visibility and strength of our Alliance relationships. You’ll build and maintain relationships with Alliance partners and collaborate with key stakeholders to clearly define requirements and deliver expected results.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving alliance marketing programs, building internal and external awareness of technology solutions in a fast-paced team environment. You’ll develop a broad understanding of GitLab market offerings and eco-system solutions to create effective alliance marketing initiatives. In this hands-on role, you must be an exceptional communicator with critical thinking and proactive problem-solving skills. This role supports GitLab’s Technology Alliances team and reports to the Director, Global Channel and Alliances Marketing.
What you'll do in this role
- Plan and deliver effective marketing programs which build pipeline for alliance programs and drive business growth for GitLab’s Alliances go to market initiatives
- Measure effectiveness of marketing activities and adjust plans and tactics based upon collected metrics; Contribute to the creation of ROI reports
- Create strategic messaging and positioning to differentiate GitLab and advance awareness of capabilities, offerings, solutions and successes across the broader organization and in the marketplace
- Develop annual and quarterly marketing plans to meet business goals and work closely with leadership and cross-functional teams to execute agile plans and support tracking of marketing budgets aligned to alliance strategy.
- Maintain project timelines and deliverables to ensure successful execution of programs with reporting and tracking of leads; consult and collaborate with stakeholders to clearly define requirements and expected results
- Collaborate with key relationship managers, alliance, and sales teams to develop integrated alliance marketing campaigns through marketing automation, events, thought leadership, collateral, and digital
- Design event strategy for annual conferences, regional events, roundtables and alliance sponsored events; engaging in sponsorship negotiations; Execute agreed upon plans to support initiatives within described budgets
- Identify and drive marketing programs leveraging alliance market development funds and GitLab investments
- Maintain processes to ensure consistently high quality of marketing deliverables, coordinating internal service providers and external vendors supporting projects as required
- Contribute to the success of the Marketing team by sharing marketing best practices across Alliance teams and identify opportunities to leverage content and messaging from related areas of the organization
- Work closely with team members to share best practices and leverage marketing programs and initiatives; create a culture of collaboration and iteration.
We're looking for:
- A seasoned marketing professional with experience managing alliance partners. Someone who is a natural problem solver and logical thinker.
- Someone who possesses a deep understanding of the channel, is a detail-oriented professional and has the ability to develop cross-functional relationships.
- A teammate who is comfortable making data driven decisions.
- A colleague who thrives in a positive, supportive and collaborative environment.
- A future GitLabber who is excited about joining a fast paced, high energy company that isn't afraid to try new things, seek out answers to questions not yet formed and to fail fast and move on.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.