The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
As a Competitive Intelligence Product Marketer, you will work closely with a wide range of cross-functional teams (Product, Marketing, Sales) to turn competitive insights into actionable advantages for GitLab’s go-to-market motion. To achieve this ambition, you will become a subject matter expert on the DevOps landscape, be able to organize and distill competitive intelligence, educate our teams, and create specific competitive playbooks & content that increases our share of the market.
What you'll do in this role
- Develop, organize, and maintain a competitive information repository, both internal and external facing.
- Partner with our Product team to ensure a single source of truth across GitLab that surfaces product strengths, weaknesses, and differentiators.
- Collaborate with Sales to enable all teams to confidently and proactively pitch GitLab in competitive situations.
- Develop competitive playbooks (discovery, positioning, messaging, objection handling, scripts, battle-cards, ROI tools, etc.) with respect to specific markets or competitors to drive GTM campaigns.
- Ensure accuracy and maintain competitive landscape content including website pages, presentations, demos, and other assets.
What we're looking for
- Experience developing competitive collateral (e.g. playbooks, content, decks, demos, webinars, videos, battle cards, ROI tools, etc.) and collaborating with GTM teams (Marketing & Sales) on competitive response situations is a plus.
- Prior experience in Product Development or Software Engineering & Architecture is a plus.
- Prior experience in Solution Architecture & Engineering or Technical Account Management is a plus.
- Interest in or experience of using, installing, configuring and evaluating different DevOps tools in order to reach objective and fair comparisons between the major players in our market.
- Understand market dynamics, the competition, and customer needs of the enterprise application development and delivery space.
- Understand enterprise buyer and user personas tasked with developer, security, and operations tools and solutions and how to market to them.
- Ability to move iteratively with speed and urgency.
- Written and verbal communication fit to engage customers, analysts, and influencers.
- Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.