The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Channel Operations team plays a critical role in helping drive the channel business at GitLab. As Sr. Channel Operations Manager, you will build or improve operational processes for scale and support the channel organization across business functions. This is a high visibility, high impact position that works directly with sales, partners, and internal teams across GitLab to drive efficiency, effectiveness, and positive buyer experience throughout the pre and post-channel sales process
- Develop, manage, and improve operational processes for the channel (Distributor, Reseller, MSP, GSI) sales organization
- Provide operational support and enablement to sales, partners, and cross-functional teams for channel related inquiries (e.g., opportunities, quotes and orders, reporting/dashboards)
- Work directly with sales and partners to identify operational pain points, then design and implement scalable solutions
- Collaborate with Partner Programs team to operationalize program changes and ensure compliance with requirements
- Manage relationships with our global distributors and collaborate to develop scalable QTC processes for two-tier opportunities
- Lead cross-functional projects from end-to-end including project identification, documentation, coordination, and successful execution and post-launch management
- Implement tools and processes for the sales organization that improve efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity
- Identify opportunities for process automation and optimization, with a focus on scalability and driving significant growth
- Build and deliver ad hoc reporting to support projects and company OKRs
- Create and implement reporting and dashboards for the channel organization that improve efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity
- Demonstrated progressive channel experience and understanding of channel operations
- Experience working directly with sales/channel sales teams and partners
- Excellent problem solving, project management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong analytical ability and able to prioritize multiple projects
- Excellent written/verbal communication
- Proven ability to thrive in a fluid, fast-paced environment
- Deep SFDC expertise and knowledge of channel management systems (e.g., Partner Portal) and enterprise SaaS tools
- Experience with QTC process, tools, and automation
- Interest in GitLab, and open source software
- You share our values and work in accordance with those values
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.