The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,600+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Senior Program Manager, Field Enablement Job Grade
The Senior Program Manager, Field Enablement is a grade 7.
Senior Program Manager, Field Enablement Responsibilities
- Extends that of the Program Manager, Field Enablement responsibilities
- Works quickly and iteratively on projects with very limited direction from others
- Proven experience building and managing successful enablement programs for B2B enterprise customer success professionals
- Viewed as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor by the sales organization and key stakeholders
- Innovates and continually improves the delivery of world-class enablement programs
- Regularly shares best practices and provides constructive coaching and feedback to other members of the team
- With comprehensive knowledge of the GitLab platform and associated technologies, educate team members on the value proposition of GitLab while participating in discussions throughout the organization to ensure successful GitLab deployment.
- Successfully accomplishes responsibilities with minimal direction or oversight
- Collaborate with marketing and other SMEs to identify and develop core sales training and enablement curriculum, customized regionally as needed, for various internal and external audiences.
- Ensure alignment of sales enablement activities with key internal and external events, such as new product releases, campaigns, and essential industry trade shows.
- Leverage Salesforce.com CRM infrastructure and other tools for delivering formal and informal/social learning.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of customer success enablement investments and the programs conducted.
- Determine opportunities for improving the customer success learning experience and identify innovative techniques for delivery.
Program Manager, Enterprise Field Enablement Requirements
- Demonstrated progressive experience in a software sales, enterprise sales, or sales enablement role, preferably with expertise in DevOps and/or Open Source
- Experience with technical pre-sales/ post sales or as a professional in the field of information technology a plus
- Ability to continuously meet deadlines and execute on projects with positive impact from stakeholders
- Working knowledge of sales training technology and methodologies; demonstrable experience with sales enablement concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relevant experience preparing, developing, and executing sales effectiveness strategies, tactics and action plans.
- Ability to quickly understand technical concepts and explain them to audiences of varying technical expertise (sales team, customers, channel partners, and internal support partners).
- Experience growing within a small start-up. Strong ability to interact and influence effectively with customer success professionals and customer success management.
- Exceptional written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, skilled at project and change management and cross-functional collaboration.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment.
- Share and work in accordance with GitLab's values.
- Ability to use GitLab
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $97,400-$146,200 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.