The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,600+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Senior Director, ESG reports to the Chief Legal Officer, Head of Corporate Affairs and Corporate Secretary, and is responsible for creating, maintaining and reporting on GitLab’s Environmental & Social Governance (ESG), Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and sustainability policies and initiatives.
The Senior Director, ESG is a grade 11.
- Establish best-in-class strategy and operating plan with regards to GitLab ESG, CSR and sustainability initiatives
- Identify and prioritize sustainability and social issues; setting goals that support alignment and integration of the ESG, CSR and sustainability vision into overall corporate strategy
- Develop measurement policies and implement governance processes and disclosure controls to ensure completeness and accuracy of ESG, CSR and sustainability reporting
- Publicly report GitLab Inc.’s ESG, CSR and sustainability initiatives and measures
- Lead strong collaboration with key global business stakeholders to influence positive outcomes with respect to ESG, CSR and sustainability initiatives and measures
- Develop budget with respect to ESG, CSR and sustainability initiatives
- Analyze regulatory requirements, regulations, business trends and industry benchmarking to enable GitLab to achieve and maintain a leadership position with respect to ESG, CSR and sustainability initiatives
- Represent GitLab externally at sustainability & social impact leadership events and speaking engagements
- Increase global awareness and impact with respect to GitLab’s ESG, CSR and sustainability initiatives
- Design an ESG program that is focused on impact and tangible, repeatable results that demonstrate return on investment
- Embrace iteration to make program changes quickly based on feedback and lessons learned
- Create the most transparent public company ESG program
- 6+ years validated experience in sustainability, ESG, CSR or relevant roles
- Extensive knowledge of global sustainability, ESG and CSR standard methodologies and trends
- Shown success in the development and execution of successful sustainability strategies
- Outstanding cross-functional partnership skills, with a confirmed ability to identify, initiate and lead efforts with both internal and external teams
- Enthusiastic self-starter; equally comfortable operating at the micro and macro levels with the innate ability to know which level is needed at what time
- Passionate about ESG and CSR and the ability to translate that passion into action
- Experience with establishing and managing an operating budget
- Background with hyper-growth organizations, and proven ability to adapt and learn things quickly
- An effective communicator with the ability to use “plain English” and to escalate, stay coordinated, provide feedback, and ask for help
- Strong operational mindset with ability to prioritize projects and demands
- Embrace GitLab Values of Collaboration, Results, Efficiency, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging, Iteration, and Transparency
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.