The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,600+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Revenue Accountant – APAC
The Revenue Accounting Team at Gitlab forms part of the Revenue Organization. The Revenue Accounting Team is responsible for Worldwide Revenue Accounting.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
What you'll do in this role
- Apply ASC 606 and company revenue recognition policies.
- Review of customer contracts for proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and journal entries and contribute to the month end close process.
- Work on revenue team projects and process improvements.
- Ensure correct application of internal controls.
We're looking for
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience (Accounting, Business, Finance or equivalent degree preferred)
- 2 years of related accounting experience, public company accounting experience is a plus
- Flexible to meet changing priorities and the ability to prioritize workload to achieve on time accurate results
- Ability to use GitLab
- A shared interest in our values, and working in accordance with those values
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.