The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,600+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Technical Account Management (TAM) team focuses on the themes of align, enable, and expand. We align with customers' desired business outcomes, enable them on their existing use cases, and work with them to expand into additional use cases, ensuring ongoing and ever-improving customer return-on-investment.
Additionally, our team serves as liaisons between the customer and the GitLab ecosystem, streamlining collaboration with Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Professional Services, and others. TAM handbook.
- Partner with our customers in taking that established in the pre-sales command plan, and turning the customers desired positive business outcomes into actionable objectives
- Own a book of assigned customers, with a focus on increasing adoption, ensuring retention and growth, and overall customer satisfaction
- Possess a deep understanding of creating customer value to deliver scalable customer engagements that help customers derive ongoing value from their investment with GitLab
- Manage and provide input into iteration upon the customer journey, including onboarding, adoption, retention, and expansion, with an emphasis on defining and demonstrating value programmatically to grow net revenue retention ultimately
- Take a data-driven approach to driving value across the customer segment, ensuring time and attention is prioritized to ensure the most significant positive impact
- Proactively identify and prioritize accounts to focus efforts within a defined territory as based on point in lifecycle (e.g., onboarding) perceived risk, potential growth, strategic value, and renewal timeframe
- Work cross-functionally with multiple teams (CS ops, content, programs, marketing, product) to develop thoughtful and innovative approaches to driving success with customers at scale
- Identify key areas of enablement need across the customer segment and partner closely with the strategic and scale TAMs to create content and webinars to address these needs
- Analyze industry best practices, trends, and performance metrics to shape customer engagement strategies and accelerate results
- Ability to use GitLab and willing to work with Git and GitLab whenever possible
- Alignment with our values, and willingness to work in accordance with those values
- Prior experience in Customer Success or equivalent history of increasing satisfaction, adoption, and retention
- Familiarity working with customers of all sizes, especially large enterprise organizations
- Exceptional verbal, written, organizational, presentation, and communications skills
- Detailed oriented and analytical
- Strong team player but self-starter
- Project management experience & skills
- Strong technical, analytic, and problem-solving skills
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
Hiring Manager Interview
The hiring manager interview is the first of the interviews with the Technical Account Manager team. This interview is with the manager of the team the candidate is applying to join. It is a 30 minute interview.
The peer interview is conducted by an individual contributor who is a member of the team the candidate is applying to join. Peer interviewers are selected by the hiring manager. This is a 30 minute interview.
The panel interview consists of several members of the Technical Account Manager team. It typically includes the hiring manager and two other team members. This is a 60 minute interview, with the following format:
- Live demonstration based on the guidance provided ahead of the interview by the recruiter
- General discussion and questions from the panel
Conducted by the Senior Director of TAMs, this is a discussion with the candidate as a final assessment interview to evaluate the candidate's suitability for the role. This is a 30 minute interview.
Reference and Background Check
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $71,400 – $130,000 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for >Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.