The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Manager, People Connect
The Manager, People Connect plays a critical role in influencing and supporting the people strategy within the GitLab – collaboratively working to develop, optimize and implement people processes and programs while overseeing the day-to-day responsibilities associated with people operations.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
What you'll do in this role
- Onboard, mentor, and grow the careers of all team members.
- Coach and mentor People Connect team to effectively address team member queries in line with our values.
- Work with the Director, People Operations to shape a strategy that aligns and moves GitLab towards continued growth, innovation and improvement.
- Manage and recommend improvements for program management including rollout, communication, reporting and metrics of Organizational health, Engagement Survey, DIB related surveys, 360 feedback cycle and Performance/ Potential Matrix Assessment.
- Provide training and support to the People Connect team to address team member and leadership queries effectively and timely.
- Seek and review potential blockers of various People Operations processes and ensuring improvement on daily tasks and suggest automation where needed.
- Review and improve Slack answers and continue to train and mentor the team to update information in the handbook, for easy access to all.
- Manage and maintain an SLA to track response times for email queries across timezones.
- Continue to drive automation for easy access of employment confirmation letters, automatic invitations to Contribute, confirmation of business insurance, etc.
- Continuously manage and improve both administrative efficiency and team member experiences during onboarding.
- Partner closely with Managers at GitLab to gain feedback from various teams about onboarding, offboarding and transition issues.
- Review and report on People Operations and Onboarding metrics, including OSAT and Onboarding Task Completion.
- Continuously improve off boarding of team members.
- Along with the People Business Partners, create efficient people processes and clear hand-offs.
- Work closely with payroll, SecOps, and ITOps to continue to improve the administration of offboarding the time it takes to complete.
- Managing issue triaging and label review/ adding and reviewing contributions to the efficiency of our issue tracker.
- Drive continued automation and efficiency to enhance the employee experience and maintain our efficiency value.
- Announcing changes and improvements in the #whats-happening-at-gitlab Slack channel
- Leading positive employee experience throughout their lifecycle with GitLab.
- Implementation and monthly report on trends from Stay Interviews.
- Quarterly report on trends from exit interview data.
- Manage vendor renewals and agreements.
- Partner with Finance Business Partner for budgeting purposes.
We're looking for
- The ability to work autonomously and to drive your own performance & development would be important in this role
- Prior extensive experience in a People Operations role
- Willingness to work odd hours when needed (for example, to call an embassy in a different continent)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- team player who can jump in and support the team on a variety of topics and tasks
- Enthusiasm for and broad experience with software tools
- Proven experience quickly learning new software tools
- Willing to work with git and GitLab whenever possible
- Willing to make People Operations as open and transparent as possible
- Proven organizational skills with high attention to detail and the ability to prioritize
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail is essential
- High sense of urgency and accuracy
- Experience at a growth-stage tech company
- Ability to use GitLab
- A shared interest in our values, and working in accordance with those values
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $81,200- $121,800 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.