The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
The Billing Operations Team at GitLab forms part of the Revenue Accounting Group and is responsible for the Global Billing Operations within the order to cash process. In this role, you'll manage a team across EMEA and APAC and contribute to the overall success of the team.
What you'll do in this role
- Manage a group of Billing Operations Analysts across territory (EMEA/APAC)
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and leading a billing operations team
- Responsible for the resolution of complex billing matters
- Work closely with Billing Operations and Analytics Manager in strategic initiatives to optimize all billing related activities
- Working knowledge of all billing requirements by deal type, entity, and channel
- Manage relationships with Sales Operations, Accounts Receivable and Revenue team
- Manage weekly, monthly, and quarterly reconciliation reporting
- Lead monthly invoice validation analysis against booking and billing
- Establish and iterate on quality assurance processes and controls in monthly billing processes for compliance and internal audit
- Develop and implement billing system improvements, including defining requirements and performing user acceptance tests
- Perform routine operational tasks related to the Billing Applications and related components such as monitoring of queues, error reporting and overall system health
- Fulfill quarterly and annual audit requests
- Write and conduct performance evaluations for Subscription Billing direct reports
We're looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience
- 5+ Years of experience in billing and collections
- 3+ Years experience with Zuora and Salesforce from quote to cash
- Proven ability to perform strategic planning and set priorities for a billing department
- Proven track record for improving processes and problem- solving
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to coach and motivate
- Solid understanding of billing and financial concepts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams. Able to work in stressful situations with firm deadlines
- Ability to use GitLab
- System knowledge
- Zuora Billing
- Salesforce CRM
- Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Slack (preferred, not required)
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.