The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
As the Director of Product Marketing, you will define GitLab’s product marketing strategy and roadmap, in collaboration with partners across R&D and GTM. You'll manage a team of Product Marketers, coaching existing members and closing talent gaps where needed through acquisition of new team members. This role will report directly to our VP of Product Marketing.
What you'll do in this role
- Create and solidify the platform value message and proposition – mapping across the platform stages and highlighting category benefits
- Refine our understanding of buyer/decision-maker personas and journeys to streamline both digital/self-serve and sales-driven/assisted experiences
- Amplify product content development, mapped to buyer journey and sales funnel based on a multi-persona approach
- Partner with Sales to deliver enablement content, including sales plays, and objection handling based on our GTM strategy
- Create a holistic competitive playbook to address multiple competitive vectors and opportunities across the market landscape
- Influence Analyst Relations through cohesive messaging and value articulation
- Implement a systematic program and strategy to launch new products, pricing and packaging changes
- Translate customer insights to influence GitLab’s product strategy and roadmap so that we continue our category-defining trajectory
- Collaborate with and connect stakeholders across R&D and GTM to ensure cross functional alignment on key objectives and results
We're looking for
- Strong experience including 3+ years of managing senior product marketers at a high-growth B2B SaaS company
- Direct experience in enterprise software industry
- Strong understanding and firm grasp of the DevTools market landscape
- Articulate, clear, and concise communication (verbal and written)
- Balance of strategic vision and tactical team-based execution
- Excellent planning, organizational and initiative management skills
- B.S. or equivalent experience; MBA a plus
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Ability to learn and use GitLab
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.