The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,600+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
GitLab is looking to add a Director of FP&A to join the team to help support and partner closely with Marketing.
The FP&A team partners with executive team members across the company to provide timely, fact-based, data-driven decision support to help drive critical decisions. The team drives annual planning, owns the operating plan and long-term financial model, internal financial reporting, and financial and analytical tools to make GitLab predictable.
In this particular role, GitLab is looking for someone with experience partnering closely with Marketing to drive the FP&A support for this growing department.
This position is 100% remote, based in the US timezone.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
- Business Partnership: Owns relationships, holds partners accountable for execution and driving alignment across company
- Financial Process Improvement: Identify and drive improvements to processes and policies within the FP&A team and in business partner groups (accounting, business function).
- Financial Modeling: Able to quickly develop models to address new and ambiguous business issues or opportunities. Oversees modeling efforts of others in an effective manner.
- Review: Expert at providing feedback work and analysis produced by the team.
- Planning and Financial Analysis: develops and drives financial processes, helping shape direction for FP&A
- Data Analysis: Translates analysis into clear data-driven storylines and actionable insights / proposals
- Project Management: Drive system improvement initiatives.
- Communication: Target audience basic influence to CFO, CFO staff and functional EVPs.
- Management: Set the vision, hire, build, coach and manage a highly productive team day to day. Expert management skills, especially at developing talent. Set goals and priorities for the team. May manage managers.
- Autonomy: assignments typically not given; finds large-scale problems and effectively executes solutions with impact for team & company.
- Be a culture definer and evolver of GitLab values.
- Business Acumen: Be able to understand the business at a level to understand EVP priorities.
- 5-7 years of management experience in a financial role.
- Experience as an expert owning a large business function or multiple functions as a finance business partner.
- 12-15 years of experience in a finance role ideally with enterprise SaaS software model.
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or relevant degree. MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus.
- Financial Modeling: Be able to understand and update financial models that follow industry best practices. Expertise in Google sheets (we do not use excel for modeling purposes).
- Business Partnership: Consistent track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key business decisions.
- Data Analysis: A passion for understanding business questions and making data driven insights. Excellent analytical skills. SQL experience preferred.
- Communication: Expert at influencing business stakeholders.
- Systems: Hands-on experience with financial and visualization software. Netsuite, Sisense and Adaptive Planning a plus.
- Ability to use GitLab.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $139,100 – $221,700 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.