The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,600+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Analyst Relations Manager at GitLab will help design, execute, and manage GitLab's overall industry analyst, influencer, and thought leader strategy and plan. You'll create, nurture, and manage positive relationships with industry analysts, industry influencers, and thought leaders, serving as a key, centralized contact person and connector.
What you'll do in this role
- Establish and maintain regular communication with analysts and influencers via multiple channels which you will develop to engage and educate these communities on GitLab strategy, roadmap and product updates.
- Ensure all analysts and influencer advice informs all applicable business activities and that analyst/influencer/thought leader publications and/or other interactions mentioning GitLab are leveraged appropriately to help build market awareness, increase lead generation effectiveness, and simplify selling.
- Plan, schedule, and manage analyst/influencer program activities such as participation in analyst research, conferences, advisory days, briefings, inquiries, and reporting.
- Drive alignment with sales, marketing and product teams to maximize program impact.
- Schedule briefings, inquiries, demos and advisory days with key analysts and influencers, GitLab customers, and GitLab executives.
- Prioritize and manage incoming analyst requests for information, research support, research review, customer references, and event speakers.
- Respond to, serve, and manage internal requests for Industry Analyst/Influencer/Thought Leader interactions, publications, research, event support, and other requests as needed.
- Negotiate, secure, and manage contracts and related services ensuring they support both strategic and tactical, near term and future requirements. Ensure that contracted services are fully utilized.
- Support the GitLab reference program, market research activities, and serve as a program manager for the GitLab Thought Leadership Advisory Board.
We're looking for
- Prior experience working with industry analysts and influencers in B2B enterprise software and services required.
- Specific, significant experience in an industry Analyst Relations role in enterprise software a plus.
- Understanding of how to build and maintain relationships with key influencers, leading industry analysts, and analyst firms.
- Prior, significant experience working with senior executives a plus.
- Prior experience negotiating contracts with Industry Analyst firms a plus.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership.
- Able to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced and lean organization.
- Passion for helping build a world-class, innovative analyst relations program and desire to own and refine key operational processes
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Ability to use GitLab
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.