Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
We’re looking for a Product Manager to lead efforts that ensure Figma’s infrastructure platform is secure, powerful, and fast. This role will be responsible for setting strategy and guiding execution on scalable infrastructure systems and services that power Figma’s design and collaboration tools. This role will serve as the voice of infrastructure in product discussions throughout the company, and the voice of product engineering in infrastructure discussions. Additionally, this person will help to build rigor around metrics and KPIs and shape Infra sub-teams roadmaps accordingly.
You will work with a world-class team of engineers on deploying and operating existing systems, and building new ones for problems that are unique to our space. Check out this recent blog post for a deeper dive into Infra @ Figma!
What you’ll do at Figma
- Partner with the engineering team to design, build, and operate scalable backend systems and services that power Figma’s innovative tools for design and collaboration.
- Help improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Work closely with your cross-functional partners to build innovative new features that operate at scale.
- Help facilitate debugging of product issues across services and multiple levels of the stack and communicate with cross-functional partners as issues emerge.
- Lead the Infrastructure organization in becoming more data-driven.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have experience leading major product initiatives across platforms and core infrastructure.
- Can take rough themes and turn them into a roadmap of features, experiments, and research with minimal guidance.
- Have 5+ years of experience as a product manager on infrastructure components or services at scale.
- Have a proven grasp of Computer Science fundamentals and a strong interest in distributed systems.
- Have a consistent history of delivering measurable results for both users and the business.
- Have the technical experience to weigh tradeoffs and have in depth discussions with engineers on the nuances of complex engineering systems.
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.