Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Developing and maintaining weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and KPIs
- Ongoing analysis on the sales funnel and other business trends for the Sales Leadership team
- Creating and maintaining Sales Operations policies, processes, training, and sales-related material
- Ensure our CRM consolidates all our customer information and provides trusted insights for the team
- Partner with adjacent groups like Sales Systems & Business Operations, Finance, Marketing and Legal
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Minimum 3 years sales operations experience, preferably in a fast growing environment
- Interest in Figma
- Strong analytical skills and technical aptitude
- Deep SFDC expertise and knowledge of enterprise SaaS tools(e.g. Outreach, Clearbit)
- Comfortable building high-quality and complex spreadsheets, models and presentations
- A collaborative working style, with experience working across the company with teams of varied size to achieve common goals
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.