Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
The Senior Manager, accounting position is a new role in our growing accounting department reporting directly to the International Controller. This role will have a direct hand in crafting and developing the international finance function and do so with scale and growth in mind.
What you'll do at Figma
- Assist in running the US GAAP close process for all international entities to tight reporting deadlines
- Ensure all international entity month end reconciliations and analysis are reviewed and complete to pre-agreed timelines
- Grow and lead a small agile accounting team focused on delivering to the highest standards. Mentor and guide the team via performance reviews, ongoing feedback and career development.
- Lead the International statutory audits and entity compliance requirements to local filing deadlines.
- Hands on management of the existing outsourced accounting service providers to ensure alignment to company expectations and standards
- Support all operational and business needs resulting from international business expansion including the incorporation of new entities, tax registration, banking services, and service provider onboarding
- Partner closely with the tax department to assist in handling all local tax filing requirements and transfer pricing agreements including cost plus arrangements
- Prepare and implement local entity periodic cash funding requirements
- Support both the procurement and payroll teams regarding international activities
- Work on specific finance and accounting projects related to automation and process improvement to support operating at scale
- Continuous review of internal controls and procedures to safeguard the validity of the balance sheet
- Build and handle strong business partnerships with key department leaders in EMEA and APAC regions
- Support ad hoc activities and projects as they arise.
We’d love to hear if you have:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) 7+ years post qualification experience with at least 2+years in the role of Finance Manager
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Experience in running and improving month end close and statutory reporting processes
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams
- Self-starter and independent thinker with desire to work in a fast-paced scaling international organization
- Experience working in various accounting systems (NetSuite a plus)
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team:
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.