As a Technical Program Manager at Dropbox you are responsible for making sure that engineering teams achieve success when striving to complete ambitious projects. You’ll own the execution of strategic and impactful projects and initiatives across the Platform organization to help us meet our goals. We’re looking for a candidate with demonstrated experience running large/cross-team projects and programs, expertise in stakeholder management, and the ability to quickly and creatively solve problems and unblock teams. You’ll need to be able to engage deeply with engineering management to understand and present tradeoffs needed to deliver commitments against firm deadlines. We're looking for a self starter who will thrive in an often-times ambiguous environment and isn’t afraid of a challenge.
- Act as the point of contact and interface to engineering teams and business partners for strategic initiatives and feature development.
- Conduct project planning, strategic alignment, and drive decision making across multiple teams.
- Identify areas of improvement and be able to design repeatable processes to help teams work efficiently.
- Have a balance of people, organizational, and technical skills to deliver and guide decision making without authority.
- Provide ongoing visibility into the progress, risks, and timelines of projects against targeted deadlines.
- Build clear and transparent communication channels to align internal stakeholders and ensure that relevant audiences receive accurate updates on programs and projects.
- Collaborate with peers to design and implement standardized processes that help ensure consistency across the organization.
- Work closely with software development teams to define, improve internal tools and processes key to engineering success.
- Develop and execute on strategies to improve engineering processes and sustainability across the company.
- Manage the release of key engineering projects to internal customers in a regular cadence.
- 7-10+ years overall experience as a technical program manager in an engineering organization.
- Experience driving diverse or company-wide programs.
- Demonstrated ability and experience to influence, develop productive working relationships, and lead technical teams and key stakeholders from different business functions.
- A diverse technical acumen–actively contribute to technical discussions, proactively identify challenges and risks, working closely with engineers and product manager on addressing challenges, and form mitigation plans.
- You enjoy working on ambiguous problems and teasing out trade offs.
- You have the ability to communicate complex plans effectively.
- You are able to bring order to a complex situation with various stakeholders approaching a strategic problem in different ways.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills. Effective problem-solving skills.
- Exercise technical judgment to keep goals for programs, projects and products attainable within a given timeline.
Showing 1 - 4 of 285 jobs
Partner Enablement Program ManagerCelonisMunich, GermanyMunich, Germany
- Full Time
Partner Enablement Program ManagerCelonisMadrid, ESMadrid, ES
- Full Time
Partner Enablement Program ManagerCelonisLondon, UKLondon, UK
- Full Time
Sr. Technical Program Manager – End User ServicesDocuSignSan Francisco or RemoteSan Francisco or Remote
- Full Time