Dropbox’s Global Marketing team develops and activates the programs, tactics, and initiatives designed to build brand preference, drive profitable ARR growth and improve adoption and retention for all of our audience segments; supporting all products across all routes to market (self service/B2C and Sales & Channel/B2B). This team relies on the efficient, accurate management of our OPEX and people investments to consistently and profitably deliver growth for the business.
As part of the Marketing PMO (Program Management Office) this role ensures the Marketing team effectively plans and manages its most critical resources: people and program investment. You will collaborate closely with the VP Global Marketing and her Marketing Leadership Team (MLT) to understand and articulate program and headcount priorities and how they drive top company objectives. You are Marketing’s advocate with our HR and Finance business partners—ensuring cross functional understanding of Marketing’s plans and priorities. As the SME (subject matter expert) you proactively support Marketing budget owners on on-going processes, evolving requirements and adoption of best practices.
Your attention to detail will guarantee the critical operational processes with HR and Finance business partners are both accurate and optimized for the function. You look to support agile decision making with real-time insights so you proactively review and reconcile Financial reporting to ensure budget information is recorded and tracked accurately. You sweat the details and when the data doesn’t “smell right”, you know the right questions to ask and work to get it resolved.
Your strong communication and project management skills allow you to successfully manage related projects on differing timelines—from meeting monthly finance calendar deadlines, to working with Finance tech on dashboard enhancements, to documenting POs that need to be re-classified, to ensuring accurate headcount counts and dollars reporting, as well as identifying and rolling out process optimizations.
The Impact You'll Have
- Manage the day-to-day operations necessary for our most critical resources: People and Program Investment; collaborating closely with HR and Finance business partners and supporting Marketing budget owners and leadership.
- Ensure Marketing team meets monthly/quarterly Finance deadlines, ensuring data accuracy in Finance reporting for mid-period decision making and providing insights into why actuals may differ from forecast
- With Marketing Budget Owners and MLT, understand and articulate how investment strategies align with priorities
- Manage weekly headcount process ensuring accurate reflection of Marketing’s people-related costs and ensuring new FTE and contingent worker requests are accurately costed and new reqs approval processes run smoothly
- Support MLT through all strategic and operational planning cycles, clearly articulating priorities and corresponding people and dollar investments
- Build strong working relationships with Marketing budget owners, Finance and HR
- 4+ years managing large, complex budgets—ideally within a Marketing organization
- Analytical thinker who is comfortable navigating spreadsheets and financial system dashboards
- Experience working with Finance teams meeting monthly and quarterly deadlines for accruals and forecasts
- Excellent written and verbal communications, comfortable engaging with senior leaders
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with different timelines with strong follow through
- Desire to work in a virtual first organization with distributed teams within a matrixed organization
Showing 1 - 4 of 586 jobs
Marketing Operations ManagerCourseraUnited StatesUnited States
- Full Time
Demand Generation Sr./Manager (LLC)CartaSan Francisco, California; Santa Clara, California; New York, New York; Seattle, Washington; Washington, D.C.; Salt Lake City, UtahSan Francisco, California; Santa Clara, California; New York, New York; Seattle, Washington; Washington, D.C.; Salt Lake City, Utah
- Full Time
Customer Marketing ManagerDatadogNew York, New York, USANew York, New York, USA
- Full Time
Senior SEO ManagerZoomInfoVancouver, Washington, United StatesVancouver, Washington, United States
- Full Time