Talent Development Consultant
People & Social Responsibility | Dublin Ireland
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our People & Social Responsibility team is creating a unique culture at DocuSign – one that is collaborative and one that embraces the full range of perspectives and experiences of all our employees. People are what drive our company’s success. That is why we focus on hiring the right people and giving them the tools and training they need to do the work of their lives. We recognize our people are driven by a sense of purpose and want to give back. That’s why we established the DocuSign IMPACT Foundation and the DocuSign for Forests initiative which demonstrates our people’s character in action.
The Talent Development Consultant will be responsible for designing, refining and sustaining a range of internal, global programs and initiatives to support our employees in doing the work of their lives and building manager capabilities. In the programs we drive, we seek to deliver a high-quality, distinctly DocuSign experience for our employees and nurture a learning culture. The role will be responsible for, but is not limited to program design, vendor selection as applicable, content creation and facilitation, enrollment strategy, marketing and communications planning, logistics management (in partnership with our coordinators), program evaluation and analytics. As a key member of our highly collaborative team, the Talent Development Consultant will drive and contribute to multiple, concurrently running high-profile global programs.
This position is an Individual Contributor and reports to the VP, Talent Development and is designated Flex.
Program Design, Vendor Selection and Management
- Partner with HR Business Partners, business leaders or other key stakeholders to understand the organizational needs and determine the best program, process or approach to meet those needs
- Benchmark best practices and relevant academic research to inform program design
- Determine whether we build program components in-house or partner with external vendors; evaluate and select best-in-class vendors for core programs
- Manage the vendor approval and onboarding process, the ongoing relationship with vendors as well as the budget and payment process (in coordination with internal finance and purchasing partners)
- Drive the design process (in partnership with vendors or internally) and define the learning / program objectives and measures, construct the content, determine the stakeholder engagement plan and implement the pilot / program validation process
- Facilitate, present or emcee program components, where appropriate
- Curate online resources to support experiential learning programs
Marketing, Communications, Enrollment and Logistics
- Partner with Talent Development colleagues to determine enrollment approach and use of learning management system(s)
- Drive marketing and communications strategy to engage employees, their managers and top leaders’ support for the program and monitor registration progress
- Communicate with course participants, facilitators, speakers, HR Business Partners and those supporting logistics in partnership with Talent Development Coordinators
- Work with Talent Development Coordinators to determine the logistics plan and communicate with implementation partners to support the planning and day-of logistics
Program Evaluation and Analytics
- Determine the post-program measurement strategy and drive the data collection process (survey, focus group, interview, etc.)
- Evaluate the program success and ROI measures in partnership with the People Analytics team and communicate the results to key stakeholders
- Plan rapid program / process improvements based upon feedback
- Support the evolution of our Talent Review process through the implementation of the Talent Calibration and Succession modules in Workday and refinement of process timing and enablement resources
- Evolve the Work of Your Life Manager Program to scale with our dramatic growth
- Co-design a program and associated resources to enable managers to drive collaboration within and amongst their team
- Drive the ongoing programming for the Manager Community Webinars
- Manage the the architecture and content of our online Manager Toolkit
- Partner with Sales Enablement and other regional colleagues to ensure our programs are aligned
- Oversee coaching program for experienced managers (quality, outcomes and process)
- Other projects to be determined
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Talent Development or HR related field
- Proven full-cycle talent program / project management experience; ability to balance multiple programs at once
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to manage multiple priorities in a high-pressure environment
- Comfort with ambiguity
- High quality communication skills, attention to detail and bias for top notch work product
- Customer service – diplomatic and friendly
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Self-starter who drives for clarity and alignment among multiple stakeholders
- Learning agility
- Research and analytical skills
- Creative thinking
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It’s important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate with regards to any legally protected characteristics.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.