Sr. Revenue Accountant
Finance I San Francisco, CA
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Finance team plays a critical role in ensuring accurate financial reporting, optimal financial management, and efficient operations across DocuSign. The team consists of Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Revenue Operations, Investor Relations, and Business Operations. The Finance team partners across all organizations in DocuSign to appropriately allocate resources, inform key business decisions, and facilitate the execution of our operational plans.
The Senior Partner Revenue Accountant is responsible for the processing and review of sales contracts related to reseller revenue, to ensure proper revenue recognition as well as revenue reporting. The position collaborates and will be a key business partner to the Business Development, Legal and Operations teams.
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting, will be an individual contributor and is designated as Flex.
- Function as a key liaison to Business Development and Partner Operations teams, to ensure accurate and timely processing of external royalty reports during month-end close
- Engage closely with Partner Ops team to obtain MoM revenue by partner, for use in the CAO quarterly close deck
- Review new partner arrangements in congruence with Deal Desk, and support interpretation of new agreements in accordance with U.S. GAAP and ASC 606
- Assist in developing a scalable process to review non-standard partner agreements with cross functional teams including Partner Operations, Legal, and Business Development
- Investigate deferred revenue balances related to channel partners to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Assist in providing deliverables such as flux analyses, to both external auditors as well as to internal teams such as Investor Relations, GL Accounting, and FP&A
- Engage with the account payables team, to ensure accurate recording of commissions expenses related to third party invoices
- Reconcile 3rd party transactions to ensure that revenue is reported completely and accurately; work directly with external partners to ensure appropriate reporting
- Actively participate in monthly and quarterly close activities including preparing journal entries, working closely with external teams to obtain applicable month-end reporting, and performing certain reconciliations as needed
- Work collaboratively with revenue operations, sales operations, legal business development and sales to drive best practices in revenue
- Support system implementation and business process improvements, as applicable
- Support Senior Manager, Revenue with special projects
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
- Must have 4+ years prior accounting experience for a technology company
- Must be PC proficient with strong experience using Microsoft Excel including pivot tables
- Exposure to ASC 606
- Big 4 audit experience
- CPA certified, or in the process of attaining the CPA
- Experience with NetSuite, RevPro, Zuora, Salesforce, FinancialForce or a large ERP
- Must have good knowledge of US GAAP with ability to recognize and accurately record revenue in accordance with US GAAP
- Experience working in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet required deadlines
- Experience delivering successful results in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment preferred
- SaaS company background a plus
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.